Re: [SCBeemers] Dinner Ride, 9/30/2008, 6:00 pm

  • djkhunter@aol.com
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 30, 2008
      I will not be able to make either of them - family commitments.

      David K

      Date: Tuesday September 30, 2008
      Time: 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
      Repeats: This event repeats every month on the last Tuesday.
      Location: TBD
      Notes: TBD

    • Mike & Dolly Collins
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 2, 2008
        Steve,

        Did I miss the directions and time of the get together. If so, would you please post them again.

        Thanks,

        Mike & Dolly

        Date: Tuesday September 30, 2008
        Time: 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
        Repeats: This event repeats every month on the last Tuesday.
        Location: TBD
        Notes: TBD

      • steve tumbleson
        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 2, 2008
          Well...
          We are 1/2 mile south of Mount Etna. If you came down US 24 go around Huntington on 24. Where 24 goes west to Wabash, go straight south on 9 toward Marion . After a few miles you come to 124. Go east on 124 about 1/2 mile. 600 goes south out of Mount Etna but it is not marked well. Just follow the beemer signs in. I'll have a HOT looking AirHead standing out at the end of the driveway to direct you in.
          It is not really hard to find, once you know where to look. The address is 6564S 600W, Warren, IN 46792

          Clear as mud??

          You can come any time you want. There is a Dam Ride scheduled at around noon (I think) and a cook out around dinner... sixish? There will be food and quality conversation throughout the day. So whatever works.

          Sometimes the best plan, is to not have. a plan. (but not usually)

          As with most of these things...we will know much more next year!

          Hope you can make it!

          Steve

          And if all else fails... 260/227-0098

          Date: Tuesday September 30, 2008
          Time: 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm

          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 3, 2008
            If I'm able to make it it'll only be for the ride portion.  I'll be skipping on the camping.  Hard to tell right now though.

          • Randol Doug
            Message 5 of 17 , Oct 3, 2008
              Steve-my Saturday is a bit uncertain yet but I may make it at some point on Saturday.  If not say hello to everyone.

              Thanks.

              Doug Randol

              Date: Tuesday September 30, 2008
              Time: 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm

              Message 6 of 17 , Oct 3, 2008

                I’m still coming, but now on Saturday… had a procedure on Wednesday and still have a small problem.

                Branko

                Steve-my Saturday is a bit uncertain yet but I may make it at some point on Saturday.  If not say hello to everyone.

                Thanks.

                Doug Randol

                The dinner ride doesn't look very promising for me. However, don't forget the outing on Saturday

                SCBeemers@yahoogrou ps.com wrote:

                Error! Filename not specified.

                Error! Filename not specified.

                Reminder from:

                SCBeemers Yahoo! Group

                Title:

                Dinner Ride

                Tuesday September 30, 2008

                Time:

                6:00 pm - 9:00 pm

                Repeats:

                This event repeats every month on the last Tuesday.

                Location:

                TBD

                Notes:

                TBD

              • Matthew Moran

                  Date: Tuesday September 30, 2008
                  Time: 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
                  Repeats: This event repeats every month on the last Tuesday.
                  Location: TBD
                  Notes: TBD

                  Edit reminder options

                • Mike & Dolly Collins
                  Message 8 of 17 , Oct 5, 2008
                    Steve,

                    Did we ever hear any more about Rob?

                    Did they save the finger? Anything else wrong with him? Overnight stay at the hospital?

                    Hoping for the best and great to see you all on Saturday.

                    Mike & Dolly

                  • Matthew Moran

                      Message 10 of 17 , Oct 6, 2008
                        I was unable to make it as my wife gave me the "look" that said "you've been gone the last 2 weekends".  Also we had two different family gatherings I had totally forgotten about, so I was unable to attend.

                        Anyone car to fill the rest of us in on all of what happened (it sounds like not all fun-and-games unfortunately)

                      • Mike & Dolly Collins
                        Message 11 of 17 , Oct 6, 2008
                          Some of the "AirHead" group showed up at Steve's, one of whom was Rob who went with us on Matt's "Dam Ride." As we were making the final turn back to Steve's place, this Rob was looking left, not aware of the fact that Matt was turning left. Rob piled into Matt's rear right side and both ended up in a heap on the right side of the road.

                          EMTs took Rob to the hospital. Steve is storing the guy's bike until he decides what to do with it. Matt rode the 1/4 mile or so to Steve's place and then put it on Brad's trailer for the trip back home.

                          Anyway, all's well that ends kinda well.

                          We missed you, Zach.

                          And thanks to Steve for your hospitality and great chili. Thanks also to Steve for the best dam ride we've ever been on in our lives.

                          Cheers, Mike & Dolly

                          Message 12 of 17 , Oct 6, 2008
                            Ouch-that's the 3rd MC mishap I have heard about in the last week.  Zach's, now Rob & Matt, and a friend of a friend low sided his Ducati 1098 at the Glenbrook entrance Friday night.

                            I should be safe for awhile since accidents happen in 3's or something like that.

                            I am glad everyone was generally okay.

                            Sounds like I missed a good dam ride or a dam good ride.

                            Doug Randol

                            Message 13 of 17 , Oct 7, 2008
                              No comment.

                              Message 14 of 17 , Oct 7, 2008

                                I called Saturday evening to see how the “dam ride” had gone… now I know why I didn’t get a return call.