Charter Renewal... thanks.

  • nined2yk
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2008
      Thanks to eveyone that sent their BMWMOA membership number to me so
      that we could renew our charter.

      I would also like to welcome Rick S. to SC Beemers. Rick rides an RTP
      (I just thought those "Polize" R100S look soooo cool on the autobahn,
      it's nice to have one up close in the club - well an RTP, I don't think
      they called them anything special back in the '70s).

      (Sidebar, the guys that did the coast to coast last year were on Jay
      and the driver was wearing a "fake" polize outfit (just a leather
      jacket with a patch) and drove the distance in a BMW (as I recall).
      They did it in "like" 37 hours and x-minutes... it would be cool to see
      it in "green and white" with an RTP - only thing is they had a guy in a
      plane checking the way ahead... bet that cost them a pretty penny.

      I'll be sending out memberships by mail for the time being, and then
      converting the application to an e-mail attachment for those that have
      internet (and who doesn't these days, just go to the local wi-fi like I
      do on the road...).

      My next day off I'll be going to Woodson and getting started on "our
      area" for the club there... that will be either July 2, or 3 depending
      on when the train gets in, and there are no "unforseen" mishaps a long
      the way on the rails. Anyone that is interested in meeting me there
      give me an e-mail and we can come up with a time and the date for sure
      after this coming Monday.

      OK, got to run, again sorry about being called to work "ten minutes"
      before getting to Woodson for the dinner ride...