We did it!

  • habumo
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 13, 2008
      Brenda and I traded in our bikes. We are now proud owners of an R1200R
      (hers, although I reserve the right to ride it when she is working!)
      and a R1200GS Adv for me. Weather held long enough for us to get them
      home and in the garage last Sat. Now we just need some decent weather
      to get some miles on them!

      Matt
    • Diederich, Roger - ACD
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 14, 2008
        Ok, which Adv?  The red one or the silver?

        Brenda and I traded in our bikes. We are now proud owners of an R1200R
        (hers, although I reserve the right to ride it when she is working!)
        and a R1200GS Adv for me. Weather held long enough for us to get them
        home and in the garage last Sat. Now we just need some decent weather
        to get some miles on them!

        Matt

        This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Corporation. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ITT accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 14, 2008
          Congrats on the new wheels, I hope you both really enjoy them!

          Now go get the ADV all dirty.  The correct color for one is "MUD"

        • habumo
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 14, 2008
            I got the silver (actually Magnesium) one. I ordered the bags for
            it, other than that it was pretty much loaded. I did order a new
            horn too.

            matt

            --- In SCBeemers@yahoogroups.com, "Diederich, Roger - ACD"
            <roger.diederich@...> wrote:

            > Ok, which Adv? The red one or the silver?
            >
            > ________________________________
            On Behalf Of habumo

            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 14, 2008
              The one I turned in was silver, well somewhere beneath all the mud it
              was. I didn't get to clean it at all. They sprayed the first layer
              off and put it on the floor.

              matt

              --- In SCBeemers@yahoogroups.com, "Zach Leahy" <leahyz@...> wrote:

              > Congrats on the new wheels, I hope you both really enjoy them!
              >
              > Now go get the ADV all dirty. The correct color for one is "MUD"
              >

              > --
              > Zach Leahy
              > Fort Wayne, IN
              > 2006 BMW R1200GS - Rock Red
              > 2003 BMW F650GSL - Yellow
              > 1992 SHO MTX - Arrest Me Red
              > 1993 SHO MTX - Green Racecar

            • steve tumbleson

                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 19, 2008
                  As much as I hate to admit it, NO! They haven't moved from the
                  garage since we got them. It is killing me. I hope to get some work
                  done on them this weekend, and who knows, maybe even sneak in a
                  ride. I am trying to hold on another week or so, the weather will
                  break!

                  I have to install a new horn, powerlet, throttlemiester, headlight
                  guard, and helmet lock on mine. I have install crashbars,
                  handguards, helmet lock, and throttlemiester on Brenda's.

                  I am still thinking about getting a little plate to finish off the
                  open bolts (where the frame meets) on the right side.

                  matt

                  --- In SCBeemers@yahoogroups.com, steve tumbleson <meshikinquah@...>
                  wrote:

                  > WOW! Are they ready for their first service yet??
                  >
                  > habumo <mmoran54@...> wrote: Brenda and I traded in our
                  bikes. We are now proud owners of an R1200R
                  > (hers, although I reserve the right to ride it when she is
                  working!)
                  > and a R1200GS Adv for me. Weather held long enough for us to get
                  them
                  > home and in the garage last Sat. Now we just need some decent
                  weather
                  > to get some miles on them!
                  >
                  > Matt
                  >

                  > ---------------------------------

                • steve tumbleson
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 20, 2008
                    I know that that would be killing me also... A new toy, that you can't play with.

                    I would be happy to make you a custom cover plate, however, my machines are un-hooked waiting for moving. I would be like to look, in detail, at your bike. When I get back in business I would like to manufacture some accessories for this model. Skid plates, O.C. and headlight guards etc.

                    I am thinking of taking the 1st. Sat. of Oct. date (10-4 this year) and having an outing at my house. I am thinking a Dam ride with a cook-out after. I live on a somewhat secluded, wooded property, lots of room for camping, for those would desire, and, I have bathrooms and running water!! What do you think??

                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 20, 2008
                      The cover is something that needs to be included on the new GSs.  I have had more than one person look at it and say "Hey, you lost your cover".  I'd be happy to demo some products on my 12GS as well.  An improved bash gaurd is also very high on my list of items, there are a few available but usually pretty high $$$.  Maybe some other ideas being some protective covers for the master cylinder and clutch cyl reservoirs, and the centerstand plate similar to touratech.

                      The outing sounds like a good time, but it is way too far in the future for me to even think about planning for it.  When are the IN BMW rallies this year, and do they conflict with this date?

                      wrote:

                      > WOW! Are they ready for their first service yet??
                      >
                      > habumo <mmoran54@...> wrote: Brenda and I traded in our
                      bikes. We are now proud owners of an R1200R
                      > (hers, although I reserve the right to ride it when she is
                      working!)
                      > and a R1200GS Adv for me. Weather held long enough for us to get
                      them
                      > home and in the garage last Sat. Now we just need some decent
                      weather
                      > to get some miles on them!
                      >
                      > Matt

                    • Diederich, Roger - CS
                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 20, 2008
                        Do you think you will be moved by then?  Ha.  Count me in!!

                        Message 11 of 11 , Feb 20, 2008
                          If I am thinking right, the Hoosier Beemer rally should be Sept 19-21, shouldn't be a conflict.