SCB Meeting Minutes-June 11 Meeting
- Summit City Beemers (SCB)
Club Meeting Minutes
Date: June 11, 2005 10:00AM
Location: Woodson Motorsports
The Summit City Beemers meeting commenced at 10:00AM at Woodson
Motorsports. We had 6 members present. Secretary/Treasurer Doug
Randol called the meeting to order.
Meeting Attendees: Doug Randol, Matt Moran, Roger Diederich, Bill
Niverson, Mrs. Niverson, Steve Tumbleson
Upcoming Dinner Ride-Friday June 24 leaving Woodson's lot at
Stag Bar in Rome City, IN.
Meeting discussions included:
· Review of last month's minutes and the various rallies and
that are upcoming.
· Matt Moran gave us a brief overview of his planned three and a
week ride during July to Montana, Washington, California, and the
Grand Canyon. Best wishes to Matt for a safe and enjoyable ride.
· Mike of Woodson Motorsports gave us all Summit City Beemer
He reported that he had sold 9 BMWs during May. We discussed
creating a Summit City Beemer Club letter to give the buyer's of
BMWs. Doug Randol has the action to create the letter.
· Roger Diederich attended the May 21st 9th Annual Cyclefest at the
Kruse Auction Park in Auburn. He reported that the event and parade
ride were well organized and a fun event.
· Moose Lodge Poker Run on June 18 from Auburn. Leaves from the
Auburn Moose at 11:00AM.
· The 33rd Annual BMW MOA International Rally at the Allen County
Fairgrouds in Lima, Ohio is scheduled for July 21-July 24, 2005.
Several SCB members are planning to attend.
· Upcoming Motorcyle Races/Events at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
near Lexington, Ohio include: Vintage Motorcycle Days are July 15-17;
AMA Super Cycle Weekend is July 22-24. Both events draw a huge
motorcycle following and are filled with races, vendor exhibits, and
swap meets. Mid-Ohio is 150 miles east of I-469 on US 30 and then
south on Ohio Rte 314. An easy 2-1/2 hour ride. If you like
motorcycles and racing it is a great venue to visit for a day. Check
their website at www.midohio.com if interested.
· Steve Tumbleson discussed the recent Air Head Tech Days he has
attended. The next Air Head Tech Day is in Crown Point, Indiana.
Check the SCB Web Site calendar for the date to be posted.
· Upcoming BMW Rallies include: Hoosier Beemer Rally in North
Indiana on September 23; Falling Leaf Rally on October 7 in Petosi,
Summit City Beemers Web Site-to access the web site go to Yahoo Groups
and type in SCBeemers or use the following address:
www.groups.yahoo.com/group/scbeemers Be sure to check the
"calendar" as Steve Tumbleson has posted some events and
dates for us.
· Paid members stand now at 21. SCB Mailing List totals 30.
Treasurer's Report: The Summit City Beemers currently have 21 paid
members and $420.32 in our bank account.
The next club meeting is scheduled for Saturday July 9 at 10:00AM at
The meeting was adjourned at 10:55AM.
Submitted by Doug Randol, Secretary/Treasurer