Southern Indiana ride, 5/5/2007, 6:15 am

    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2007

      Title: Southern Indiana ride

      Date: Saturday May 5, 2007
      Time: 6:15 am - 6:15 pm
      Next reminder: The next reminder for this event will be sent in 3 days, 4 minutes.
      Location: Meet at Menards at 69 and 14
      Notes: Tentative Plans would be as follows:

      Meet at the Fort Wayne Menards Parking Lot at I-69 and State Road 14
      at 6:15AM for a 6:30AM departure. I-69 South to I-465 East to I-65
      South. Get off I-65 at the Columbus exit State Road 46. There is a
      Denny's at that exit for Breakfast. This is about a 160 mile leg and
      we can ride it in under 3 hours with a short gas stop.

      Once in the area, we can ride Route 135 south and select any number of
      roads and or destinations in the area. There are some nice twisties,
      some scenic routes through the small towns in the area, with plenty of
      places to stop for a snack or a late afternoon lunch. We would have
      about 6 hours to ride in the area.

      Plan to leave the area and head back north by 4PM which should put us
      in Fort Wayne by 8PM assuming we "slabbed" it home.

      If some of you wanted to wander the streets of Nashville, IN looking
      at the craft shops, that would be available, or ride into Bloomington
      to see the IU campus that would make a nice side trip. I tend to want
      to stay out of the larger cities and just ride. The total miles on the
      ride could easily reach 500-550 miles.

      Message 2 of 2 , May 4, 2007

        Title: Southern Indiana ride