2007 Activities

  • steve tumbleson
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2007
      This is the time that I look at rally and outing dates and start to plan the year. One thing I have noticed at my house is that once an item is placed in the family calendar it almost becomes an actuality. (well usually, almost)  Any event date that is not an the calendar can be lost at any time, with out notice.

      With this in mind I would like to mention a couple of things.

       1) Here are some events that I am planning on for this year. a) The MOA Rally,  West Bend, Wisconsin. the local riding doesn't look that great, however, the main thing that I like about the MOA is that every gadget & gismo that can be attached, placed on, needed, wanted, or pulled behind a BMW is usually on display and sold there.  b) The RA Rally is at the Biltmore Estate in North Carlina this year. nufsaid !  c) The Great River Run, in Soldiers Grove, WI. Nice rally - great riding. d) Blue Grass Beemers Rally, Frankfort, KY.  Nice rally - great riding. e) Hoosier Beemer Rally. Nice rally - great riding.  f) I am also interested in the Chicken Rally and the Falling Leaf Rally, maybe. g) our own rally/outing (see #2)
      These are the ones that I tentatively plan on, however, I do attend others as time and mood (wife's)permit.
      I also attend some Airhead Beemers Club events. I might even try to host a tech day next year.

      2) I do feel that we should continue and even expand our own outing/rally. We have talked about the first weekend in October as a regular date. Can we confirm that?  I feel that we need to list our rally with the MOA asap. (And when/if we become affiliated with; the RA) We should make this a topic for our next breakfast meeting. We need to share some ideas, and start to develop a plan. Jim should not have to do it all. (unless he wants to ha, ha,) I have heard nothing but praise for the "Spangle Park" site. I hope we will be able to continue to use it.

      Somethings to think about.
      Steve

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Diederich, Roger - ACD
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2007
        We need to know when to schedule these events, my man.  I am thinking we need to take off the Saturday before the RA, do some serious cruising thru West Virginia, hit the Blue Ridge and of course the Dragon.  I have a feeling that the Chicken Rally might be the same weekend as the Great River Run.  Also been thinking about leaving a couple days earlier for the MOA, heading straight north, and across the UP.  Oh, so many choices and so little vacation..........

[...]

        Do You Yahoo!?
        http://mail. yahoo.com

        ************************************
        This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are proprietary and intended solely
        for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have
        received this e-mail in error please notify the sender. Please note that any views
        or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not
        necessarily represent those of ITT, Inc. The recipient should check
        this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ITT accepts
        no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.
        ************************************
      • Steve Tumbleson.
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 3, 2007
          If you would retire, this would not be a problem...Roger. Who needs
          money anyway? I will include some dates, however, all this info is
          available on the respective web sites. I really want to do the
          southern Blue Ridge route again. The dragon is an incredible ride,
          however after my last experience; it would have to be a weekday; no
          more weekend's on the dragon for me. I plan on nothing less than a
          week before the RA rally. If your not familliar with the Biltmore
          Estate... check it out. I don't think there has ever been anything
          like this before. especially an outlaw motor cycle gang! like us.

          --- In SCBeemers@yahoogroups.com, "Diederich, Roger - ACD"
          <roger.diederich@...> wrote:

          > We need to know when to schedule these events, my man. I am
          thinking we need to take off the Saturday before the RA, do some
          serious cruising thru West Virginia, hit the Blue Ridge and of course
          the Dragon. I have a feeling that the Chicken Rally might be the
          same weekend as the Great River Run. Also been thinking about
          leaving a couple days earlier for the MOA, heading straight north,
          and across the UP. Oh, so many choices and so little
          vacation..........

          On Behalf Of steve tumbleson

        • jsmsvbjb@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 4, 2007
            I too would like to go to the RA rally this year at the Biltmore. I have been there several times and have enjoyed it. I can't  believe they are letting people camp on their grounds for the first time ever. I have been to the Blue Ridge the last three years straight. I am looking for something different in the same area. Roger and Steve check out WWW.Motorcycleplayground .com. They have information on less traveled roads. US129 the dragon.US221, US421 and HWY91. Let me know what you think.

                                                                                                                    James