Re: Blue Ridge

  • James Spangle
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2006
      --- In SCBeemers@yahoogroups.com, steve tumbleson <meshikinquah@...>
      wrote:

      > SCBeemers,
      > I am going to go to NC next week and have plenty of time to get
      there, and back. I would like to work in the Blue Ridge route on the
      way down. I have never been on it, and many of you have.(several
      times) I would appreciate some advice on where to start, stop, see,
      don't bother, etc.

      > Thanks,
      > Steve

      Steve, The ridge starts in virgina and goes thru NC. The best part of
      the blue ridge and the most scenic part is in NC. It has lots of
      tunnels and your are on the highest point some 6,000 feet. I would
      stop at grandfather mountain. Also visit Little switerland for a
      place to stay, only private resort on the blue ridge. Up in virgina
      you have the natural bridge and Luray caverens. Have a great trip.

      James