Re: Blue Ridge

  • habumo
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2006
      I'm riding it for the first time this month as well. I have planned a
      route but can change it if need be. I am not on the Blue Ridge for a
      long time as I am starting out on Deals Gap.

      matt

      --- In SCBeemers@yahoogroups.com, steve tumbleson <meshikinquah@...>
      wrote:

      > SCBeemers,
      > I am going to go to NC next week and have plenty of time to get
      there, and back. I would like to work in the Blue Ridge route on the
      way down. I have never been on it, and many of you have.(several times)
      I would appreciate some advice on where to start, stop, see, don't
      bother, etc.

      > Thanks,
      > Steve

    • James Spangle
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2006
        wrote:

        > SCBeemers,
        > I am going to go to NC next week and have plenty of time to get
        there, and back. I would like to work in the Blue Ridge route on the
        way down. I have never been on it, and many of you have.(several
        times) I would appreciate some advice on where to start, stop, see,
        don't bother, etc.

        > Thanks,
        > Steve

        Steve, The ridge starts in virgina and goes thru NC. The best part of
        the blue ridge and the most scenic part is in NC. It has lots of
        tunnels and your are on the highest point some 6,000 feet. I would
        stop at grandfather mountain. Also visit Little switerland for a
        place to stay, only private resort on the blue ridge. Up in virgina
        you have the natural bridge and Luray caverens. Have a great trip.

        James