SCB Club Meeting Minutes-July 8, 2006

  • Doug
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8, 2006
      Summit City Beemers (SCB)
      Club Meeting Minutes
      Date: July 8, 2006 9:00AM
      Location: Lima Road Cracker Barrel Restaurant-Fort Wayne, IN

      The Summit City Beemers meeting commenced at 9:00AM at the Lima Road
      Cracker Barrel restaurant in Fort Wayne, IN. We had 5 members present.

      Meeting Attendees: Jim Spangle, Brad Witte, Roger Diederich, Steve
      Tumbleson, and Doug Randol.

      Meeting discussions included:
      � Plans were discussed for the 3rd Annual Summit City Beemers Fall
      Outing at the Spangle Resort in Silver Lake, IN on Saturday October 7.
      Other riders and clubs are welcome to join in the social gathering.
      Ham and Beans, Chili, and beverages will be provided. Volunteers are
      needed to help with the logistics.
      � Roger Diederich will invite the Michiana BMW Club to the SCB Fall
      Outing.
      � Several members attended the Rod Woodson Ride for Kids and
      participated in the Poker Run and festivities at Woodson�s Motorsports.
      � SCB Club participation and support for Woodson Motorsports events,
      like the recent ride, are excellent ways to publicize the club and
      attract new members. Continue to support our local BMW dealer,
      Woodson Motorsports.
      � Upon completion of the SCB Club Logo by Matt Moran, Butch Rodgers
      will be contacted to have some t-shirts printed. A club business card
      will be printed and passed out to members to provide other BMW riders
      that we meet on the street or at the dealer who might like to join the
      club. We will also purchase a club banner for use at rallies and
      Woodson Motorsports� Events.
      � Upcoming Rallies and Races: July 28-30 AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days
      at Mid-Ohio Race Course in Lexington, OH; August 4-6 Honda Super Cycle
      Weekend at Mid-Ohio Race Course in Lexington, OH; August 18-20 Four
      Winds BMW Riders Rally near New Bethlehem, PA; September 8 Wisconsin
      Dells Rally; September 22 Hoosier Beemer Rally in North Vernon, IN
      � Members are also beginning to plan for the MOA International Rally
      in Burlington, Vermont scheduled for July 20-23.

      Old Business:
      � Matt Moran is finalizing the SCB Club logo. A Tee shirt order will
      be placed with Butch Rodger�s son, a screen printer, upon completion
      of the logo. The logo will also be used on the business card and the
      club banner.
      � George Tatarchuk suggested development of a SCB Membership
      Package/Brochure. The plan is to post at the SCB bulletin board at
      Woodson�s and pass out to BMW buyers

      Upcoming Meetings and Events:
      Dinner Ride to Shady Nook Restaurant on Long Lake near Helmer, Indiana
      on Thursday July 13 at 7:00PM. Members wanting to ride from Fort
      Wayne can meet at 6:00PM at the Leo Crossing Gas Station parking lot,
      1 mile east of I-69 on Dupont Road.

      The next Club Meeting is scheduled for Saturday August 19, 9:00AM at
      the Spencerville Covered Bridge Restaurant in Spencerville, IN.

      3rd Annual Summit City Beemers Fall Outing on Saturday October 7 at
      the Spangle Resort in Silver Lake, IN.

      Member Profile: We're Mike & Dolly Collins. We ride a 2001 BMW
      R1100RT. We just returned from a ride to Georgia to attend the Fair
      Tax Rally near Atlanta. We've been married for about 8 years. We
      have 4 adult children. One has just graduated from Wright State in
      June. I am a retired Air Force Colonel. Dolly and I own 2 rental
      facilities and are currently busy preparing the Ohio home for our next
      renter. In addition to 2 up motorcycling, we enjoy boating and
      fishing on our lake home in Coldwater Michigan. Our Favorite TV Show
      is "24" and enjoy watching Golf on the weekend. We are also adept at
      working crossword and sudoku puzzles at the same time. Our favorite
      destinations are still scenic spots in and around Michigan--Mackinac
      Island, Upper Peninsula, and visits with family in Indiana and Wisconsin.

      Please e-mail me at tango5699@... with your member profile for
      me to publish in the next newsletter.

      Summit City Beemers (SCB)
      Club Meeting Minutes

      Membership Status:
      � 2006 Membership Cards are available upon receipt of annual dues ($24.00)
      � 2006 Membership Status-13 paid members to date

      Treasurer�s Report: The Summit City Beemers currently have 13 paid
      members (2006) and $504.17 in our bank account.

      Summit City Beemers Web Site---to access the web site go to Yahoo
      Groups and type in SCBeemers or use the following address:
      �calendar� for upcoming meetings and events.

      The meeting was adjourned at 10:25AM.

      Submitted by Doug Randol, Secretary/Treasurer