Re: [SCBeemers] RE: [Schemers] Renew, or not renew?

  • Bill Lamb
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 2 9:21 AM
      New member is Wayne Lamb, older brother ,at wmlamb@.... Moa # is 112015. This should give us head to recharter.
      Thanks form bill
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 3 10:58 AM
        I've long let my MOA membership lapse.  I haven't ridden much this year.  Been spending more time on the bicycles than the M/C this year.  Wife want's to do at least a weekend trip somewhere though.  Would be at least interested in seeing some club related stuff happen.

        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 8 10:25 AM

          Thanks Zach.  (And to everyone else that has responded to my e-mail.)

          Ok, let’s look at this… a cookout at Pokagon at the end of the summer.  Gives everyone a chance to make plans.  It’s not too far away, distance, and the time would be good for ending the summer.

          Or, have a cookout, still at Pokagon, or Chain-o-Lakes, the last of September, first of October.  The difference in locations would be the type of camping you would do.  Pokagon has camping and an inn.  Chain-o-Lakes has camping and cabins.  A friend of mine has stayed at Chain-o-Lakes several times in the cabins and like it.  There’s heat in the cabins, but no AC.

          We could use the privative campsites at either location, walk to the showers/toilets, and be away from the other campers.  I haven’t been to Chain-o-Lakes for some time, but it was nice the last time I was there – about three years ago when we tent camped.

          Plus side to Pokagon is that it’s not too far from town, so supplies would be easy to get is needed.  Both do have a camp store, but may be limited to what they carry.

          So, think it over, we can come up with a date and a location in the next week that would be great.

          This weekend is the Saturday breakfast meeting, that hasn’t been too successful this past year.  I would recommend that we meet at Culver’s at Lima Road and Washington Center Road and have discussion on doing a cookout.  As of right now I’ve got a Sunday rest day, and hope that the stars align so that I’m home.  I’ll know better come the middle of the week.  If nothing else we can keep the conversation up on the internet.

          OK, thanks for all the interest.  I’ll renew the charter after getting off the computer.