Re: [SCBeemers] Membership - 2011

    Message 1 of 11 , May 13, 2011
      Wait, when did you get a GSPD?  I thought you had one and sold it.

    • Diederich, Roger - ES
      Message 2 of 11 , May 13, 2011

        I decided that after so much down time on my Adventure that I needed a spare.  I found a 92 one owner GSPD in Wisconsin last year.

        Message 3 of 11 , May 31, 2011

          David,

          If you would, please send me you BMW MOA membership numbers… with mine, yours, and two others that will make five – the number to keep the charter going.

          I’ve been thinking of paying for my son’s membership (he needs the info for my old “air head” he’s had for since ’06), and getting one for Julie, too… that way I’ll only need two to keep the charter going.

          I’ll be posting the results of the questionnaire I send out  earlier in the month… and if you would, please include you comments with your reply.

          Thanks.

          Branko

          -----------------cut and paste the below with your reply-------------

          1) *Name:

          2) *Screen Name:

          3) *BMW MOA Membership Number:

          4) BMW RA Membership Number:

          5) Type of bike you own/ride:

          BMW:

          Other:

          6) Any special skills related to BMW, or other brand, motorcyles:

          7) What you would like to see change, improve, in the near future (current year) related to SC Beemers club?

          8) What you would like to see change, improve, in the distant future (one or two years out)?

          9) What events/rallys would like to see posted on the club calendar?

          National Rally:

          Local/Regional Rally:

          Other:

          10) What type of ridding do you do? Comments.

          Pleasure:

          Commute/Work:

          Off-road:

          Rally:

          Other:

          ------------------------------Comments------------------------------

          Comments:

        • Branko
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 20, 2011
            I had planned on being busy with compiling the results of my membership questionaire, but as it turned out those that responded did a reply to the original post. You can read the results online.

            Two things that comes to mind is adverstisement of our club to the public, and doing an annual event/ride/campout.

            Bill had said it sometime ago about having a real club web page, and I have thought about doing so with my comcast account - but didn't get around to it, just left it on the rear burner - bad thing on my part as it is a great idea that I just did't get around to...

            The other is having an annual event to get everyone together. So the question there is "when/where/how far".

            So with my many hours in the hotel I will begin to develope a club web page.

            The annual event is another thing. I think an annual campout is a good thing, early fall, not too cool for tent camping... shelter from the weather if it rains, low cost to the members and their guess.

            First place that I thought of was a state park, like Pokagon, or going out to my farm - two hours ride west of Fort Wayne in Starke County. The state park would have facilities, the farm - well, it's a farm and you would have to dig your own latrine (or rent one for the weekend).

            So, besides having a Rally meeting this Saturday, I invite anyone that is interested in either of the above topics to join me at Cosmos this Saturday (June 25th) at 9 am for breakfast, coffee, and conversation.

            And a ride following our discussion over to Red Line Honda and from there to someplace just to get miles in the saddle...

            See you then.