Re: [SCBeemers] Membership - 2011

  • djkhunter@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , May 10, 2011
      Branko,

      I currently ride a 2010 FLHTK. Got rid of the BMW since Woodson stopped servicing it and Grand Rapids did a piss poor job twice and fried a rotor on the way home from having them service the bike.  Me and the lady do miss the beemer although we enjoy the new ride. So, so much for me being a in the group.

      By the way, I am still a BMWMOA member and so is my wife in case you get in the hurt for a couple of more numbers.

      David Kirvan
      Son Rise Riders CMA
      Road Captain

      Message 2 of 11 , May 12, 2011

        Dave,

        Speaking for myself, and I’m sure the group, you are more than welcome to join in any time, have breakfast, ride, and “whatever”.

        One of the by-laws of the national charter says something about be a supporter of BMW MOA… which you do both in being a member of our club, and having your membership.

        Back when I had that meeting at Woodsons “some time ago”, Mike (E) wanted us to open the membership to owners of other brands.  What we didn’t talk about was former BMW riders.   Then I got reading the national by-laws and saw where it said a member is one that supports the BMW MOA and it’s goals, promotes BMW motorcycles, and a few other things that don’t come to me right off the bat.

        So with that being said, don’t be a stranger.

        AND if you would, complete the questionnaire… your input counts.  PLUS, if you would provide yours and your wife’s BMW MOA membership numbers that will make “three” counting me with memberships so far returned to date.  I was thinking I should get my wife a membership, and this year I will – a long with my son out in Colorado.

        Again, thanks for the reply.  Sorry about the bike, didn’t know you had fried the motor – one of my biggest worries as I’ve let the oil go below the sight glass on both bikes in the pass… as well as a few cars and trucks.  O’Daniels did an oil change and didn’t fill the engine up… it was short half qt.  And that was after “they” didn’t do all the work wanted (rotate tires, change light bulb), and that cost me $150 ($100 for the oil, $50 for the computer to run down the engine on light).  Goes without saying “good work, like friends, is hard to find”.

        Message 3 of 11 , May 12, 2011

          Now a (fund raising) party at you place sounds like a good deal… what’s the dates, location?

          Message 4 of 11 , May 13, 2011
            Wait, when did you get a GSPD?  I thought you had one and sold it.

          • Diederich, Roger - ES
            Message 5 of 11 , May 13, 2011

              I decided that after so much down time on my Adventure that I needed a spare.  I found a 92 one owner GSPD in Wisconsin last year.

              Message 6 of 11 , May 31, 2011

                David,

                If you would, please send me you BMW MOA membership numbers… with mine, yours, and two others that will make five – the number to keep the charter going.

                I’ve been thinking of paying for my son’s membership (he needs the info for my old “air head” he’s had for since ’06), and getting one for Julie, too… that way I’ll only need two to keep the charter going.

                I’ll be posting the results of the questionnaire I send out  earlier in the month… and if you would, please include you comments with your reply.

                Thanks.

                Branko

[...]

              • Branko
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 20, 2011
                  I had planned on being busy with compiling the results of my membership questionaire, but as it turned out those that responded did a reply to the original post. You can read the results online.

                  Two things that comes to mind is adverstisement of our club to the public, and doing an annual event/ride/campout.

                  Bill had said it sometime ago about having a real club web page, and I have thought about doing so with my comcast account - but didn't get around to it, just left it on the rear burner - bad thing on my part as it is a great idea that I just did't get around to...

                  The other is having an annual event to get everyone together. So the question there is "when/where/how far".

                  So with my many hours in the hotel I will begin to develope a club web page.

                  The annual event is another thing. I think an annual campout is a good thing, early fall, not too cool for tent camping... shelter from the weather if it rains, low cost to the members and their guess.

                  First place that I thought of was a state park, like Pokagon, or going out to my farm - two hours ride west of Fort Wayne in Starke County. The state park would have facilities, the farm - well, it's a farm and you would have to dig your own latrine (or rent one for the weekend).

                  So, besides having a Rally meeting this Saturday, I invite anyone that is interested in either of the above topics to join me at Cosmos this Saturday (June 25th) at 9 am for breakfast, coffee, and conversation.

                  And a ride following our discussion over to Red Line Honda and from there to someplace just to get miles in the saddle...

                  See you then.