Membership - 2011

  • Branko
    Message 1 of 11 , May 10, 2011
      I would like to get a better idea of the current active/total membership of SC Beemers.

      This is one of the questions on the charter renewal form (number of members), and of interest to me to know the total number of current members, and their group status.

      I'll provide the club with statics from the ten questions asked. The questions with (*) are the only ones that I would really need to have, except for your screen name, to complete the total number of members.

      The other information maybe of help in deciding future events and breakfast/dinner meetings.

      Included at the bottom of the questionaire is a place for any comments you would like to make related to the club.

      Please provide your reply to me, at nined2yk@....

      Thanks.

      Branko
      President
      SC Beemers

      -----------------cut and paste the below with your reply-------------

      1) *Name:

      2) *Screen Name:

      3) *BMW MOA Membership Number:

      4) BMW RA Membership Number:

      5) Type of bike you own/ride:

      BMW:

      Other:

      6) Any special skills related to BMW, or other brand, motorcyles:

      7) What you would like to see change, improve, in the near future (current year) related to SC Beemers club?

      8) What you would like to see change, improve, in the distant future (one or two years out)?

      9) What events/rallys would like to see posted on the club calendar?

      National Rally:

      Local/Regional Rally:

      Other:

      10) What type of ridding do you do? Comments.

      Pleasure:

      Commute/Work:

      Off-road:

      Rally:

      Other:

      ------------------------------Comments------------------------------

      Comments:
    • Zach Leahy
      Message 2 of 11 , May 10, 2011

        1) *Name: Zach Leahy

        2) *Screen Name: leahyz@...

        3) *BMW MOA Membership Number:  N/A - I let mine expire

        4) BMW RA Membership Number: N/A - never have been an RA member

        5) Type of bike you own/ride:

        BMW: 2006 R1200GS, 2003F650GS

        Other: N/A

        6) Any special skills related to BMW, or other brand, motorcycles:  General mechanical abilities for motos and cars.  Tire changes, maintnance, etc.

        7) What you would like to see change, improve, in the near future (current year) related to SC Beemers club?  More advertising /organization for nearby rallies.

        8) What you would like to see change, improve, in the distant future (one or two years out)?  Like to see more members at different events.

        9) What events/rallys would like to see posted on the club calendar?

        National Rally:  YES

        Local/Regional Rally:YES, Any within reasonable day-ride

        Other: Other ride events welcome, but not so much the beer and bar events.

        10) What type of ridding do you do? Comments.

        Pleasure:  YES

        Commute/Work:  YES

        Off-road:  YES

        Rally:  YES

        Other:

        ------------------------------Comments------------------------------

        Comments:

         With the loss of a local dealer I'm hoping we can keep a group together.
      • Branko
        Message 3 of 11 , May 10, 2011
          Zack,

          Thanks for the quick reply... I knew that you would chime in - and that's a good thing (sometimes my words don't go along with my thoughts).

          I did talk with Red Line Honda when I picked up my LT about some kind of relationship with them - Harley-Davidson had a contract with Opel to service HD bikes in Germany back when I was stationed there in the '70s - so being associated with a Honda dealer to get repairs (except warranty work) is not that hard to except.

          I too worry about not having a dealership in town, or closer than Indy and Grand Rapids, but that's why I ride a BMW - the lack of maintenance between oil changes, tires, and services - keeps me on a Beemer.

          One good thing is Tom is in town, and where ever he ends up working is where my business will be going to... not to say that he's leaving Red Line, just that as long as I ride my money and work will got to a mechanic that is schooled in what I ride.

          Branko
        • Diederich, Roger - ES
          Message 4 of 11 , May 10, 2011

            1) *Name:Roger Diederich

            2) *Screen Name:graymotoman@...

            3) *BMW MOA Membership Number:114864

            4) BMW RA Membership Number:29838

            5) Type of bike you own/ride:

            BMW:04 gsa; 92 gspd

            Other:

            6) Any special skills related to BMW, or other brand, motorcyles: CFO

            7) What you would like to see change, improve, in the near future (current year) related to SC Beemers club?  It would be nice for the club to actually meet, but I know with my own situation, it’s often very difficult to make the eat/meets.

            8) What you would like to see change, improve, in the distant future (one or two years out)? We are basically a semi-social group with no real purpose other than meet with other riders.  With that said, it’s hard to have goals to develop.

            9) What events/rallys would like to see posted on the club calendar?

            National Rally: yes

            Local/Regional Rally: yes

            Other: area special events, airhead tech days

            10) What type of ridding do you do? Comments.

            Pleasure: yes

            Commute/Work: yes

            Off-road: within reason

            Rally: often

            Other: Hosting another fundraising party in early August at my house if anyone is interested.  Plenty of overnight camping with portajohns, usually two bands and plenty of food/beverages.

            ------------------------------Comments------------------------------

            Comments:

            This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender.
            Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Corporation. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ITT accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.
          • djkhunter@aol.com
            Message 5 of 11 , May 10, 2011
              Branko,

              I currently ride a 2010 FLHTK. Got rid of the BMW since Woodson stopped servicing it and Grand Rapids did a piss poor job twice and fried a rotor on the way home from having them service the bike.  Me and the lady do miss the beemer although we enjoy the new ride. So, so much for me being a in the group.

              By the way, I am still a BMWMOA member and so is my wife in case you get in the hurt for a couple of more numbers.

              David Kirvan
              Son Rise Riders CMA
              Road Captain

              Message 6 of 11 , May 12, 2011

                Dave,

                Speaking for myself, and I’m sure the group, you are more than welcome to join in any time, have breakfast, ride, and “whatever”.

                One of the by-laws of the national charter says something about be a supporter of BMW MOA… which you do both in being a member of our club, and having your membership.

                Back when I had that meeting at Woodsons “some time ago”, Mike (E) wanted us to open the membership to owners of other brands.  What we didn’t talk about was former BMW riders.   Then I got reading the national by-laws and saw where it said a member is one that supports the BMW MOA and it’s goals, promotes BMW motorcycles, and a few other things that don’t come to me right off the bat.

                So with that being said, don’t be a stranger.

                AND if you would, complete the questionnaire… your input counts.  PLUS, if you would provide yours and your wife’s BMW MOA membership numbers that will make “three” counting me with memberships so far returned to date.  I was thinking I should get my wife a membership, and this year I will – a long with my son out in Colorado.

                Again, thanks for the reply.  Sorry about the bike, didn’t know you had fried the motor – one of my biggest worries as I’ve let the oil go below the sight glass on both bikes in the pass… as well as a few cars and trucks.  O’Daniels did an oil change and didn’t fill the engine up… it was short half qt.  And that was after “they” didn’t do all the work wanted (rotate tires, change light bulb), and that cost me $150 ($100 for the oil, $50 for the computer to run down the engine on light).  Goes without saying “good work, like friends, is hard to find”.

                Message 7 of 11 , May 12, 2011

                  Now a (fund raising) party at you place sounds like a good deal… what’s the dates, location?

                  Message 8 of 11 , May 13, 2011
                    Wait, when did you get a GSPD?  I thought you had one and sold it.

                  • Diederich, Roger - ES
                    Message 9 of 11 , May 13, 2011

                      I decided that after so much down time on my Adventure that I needed a spare.  I found a 92 one owner GSPD in Wisconsin last year.

                      Message 10 of 11 , May 31, 2011

                        David,

                        If you would, please send me you BMW MOA membership numbers… with mine, yours, and two others that will make five – the number to keep the charter going.

                        I’ve been thinking of paying for my son’s membership (he needs the info for my old “air head” he’s had for since ’06), and getting one for Julie, too… that way I’ll only need two to keep the charter going.

                        I’ll be posting the results of the questionnaire I send out  earlier in the month… and if you would, please include you comments with your reply.

                        Thanks.

                        Branko

                        Message 11 of 11 , Jun 20, 2011
                          I had planned on being busy with compiling the results of my membership questionaire, but as it turned out those that responded did a reply to the original post. You can read the results online.

                          Two things that comes to mind is adverstisement of our club to the public, and doing an annual event/ride/campout.

                          Bill had said it sometime ago about having a real club web page, and I have thought about doing so with my comcast account - but didn't get around to it, just left it on the rear burner - bad thing on my part as it is a great idea that I just did't get around to...

                          The other is having an annual event to get everyone together. So the question there is "when/where/how far".

                          So with my many hours in the hotel I will begin to develope a club web page.

                          The annual event is another thing. I think an annual campout is a good thing, early fall, not too cool for tent camping... shelter from the weather if it rains, low cost to the members and their guess.

                          First place that I thought of was a state park, like Pokagon, or going out to my farm - two hours ride west of Fort Wayne in Starke County. The state park would have facilities, the farm - well, it's a farm and you would have to dig your own latrine (or rent one for the weekend).

                          So, besides having a Rally meeting this Saturday, I invite anyone that is interested in either of the above topics to join me at Cosmos this Saturday (June 25th) at 9 am for breakfast, coffee, and conversation.

                          And a ride following our discussion over to Red Line Honda and from there to someplace just to get miles in the saddle...

                          See you then.