Breakfast Meeting, 7/10/2010, 9:00 am

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 6, 2010

      Date: Saturday July 10, 2010
      Time: 9:00 am - 10:00 am
      Repeats: This event repeats every month on the second Saturday.
      Next reminder: The next reminder for this event will be sent in 2 days, 23 hours, 48 minutes.
      Location: Cosmos
      Notes: Washington Center and Lima

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 9, 2010

        Date: Saturday July 10, 2010
        Time: 9:00 am - 10:00 am
        Repeats: This event repeats every month on the second Saturday.
        Location: Cosmos
        Notes: Washington Center and Lima

      • Mike & Dolly Collins
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 15, 2010
          Hi all. Wanted to share my visit to Woodson’s while I’m still burning. I ordered front and rear tires about 2 weeks ago. Finally came in. They waited 1 1/2 days before notifying me that they were there. I said I’d drop the bike by in the morning on our way to Dayton and then pick it up  tonight (15 July). Got there around 5 p.m. and nothing had been done. Claimed they didn’t know what they were supposed to do with the bike. I got into a row with Mike and told him I had never been in the place that something hadn’t gone wrong and it all came back to his dismal inabilities as a manager. He hit the ceiling. Told me as soon as the last two pieces of s..t were out of the store he was dumping BMW. I said it was fine with me. I’m getting a Honda and he’d never see me again, anyway. He told me to check with any of his customers  and what they say about him. I said that I HAD checked with the Summit City BMW club and they (you) all were in agreement about his abysmally inferior management skills. He told me that you all (in his opinion) were a bunch of whining bas...ds, or words to that effect. I told him that his attitude toward customers was probably the reason why the place is as badly broken as it is.  So, fellow bas...ds, I just wanted to say hi from me and Dolly and wish you all a great summer of riding. Mike Collins

          Repeats: This event repeats every month on the second Saturday.
          Next reminder: The next reminder for this event will be sent in 2 days, 23 hours, 48 minutes.
          Location: Cosmos
          Notes: Washington Center and Lima

        • Diederich, Roger - ES
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 16, 2010

            Sounds like we ought to change our name form Summit City Beemers to Summit City Bas…ds!  Might be an interesting T-shirt.

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 18, 2010

              …well that sucks.

              I stopped by last Saturday after breakfast – ok I was late, this time and the time before, but I was the only one chowing down – and talked with some one other than Mike about the future of Woodson and BMW… I asked him if they were still a BMW dealer and he said yes, but they were ordering parts through Grand Rapids, and that it would be them, Woodson not BMW, that would end Woodson being a BMW dealer…

              So, once the last two pieces of sh!t are out the door I guess that’s the end of the dealership.

              The problem is poor management, supervision, and follow-up… not the lack of owner support of a dealership that makes it fail… ok, so this is the quote flashback that my battalion and then brigade commander has posted at the armories – “You can’t lead from afar.”, and “It’s the person and never the place.”… can’t recall who he attributed it to except that I’ve never been able to find it on the internet (I’m thinking it was some Italian author, perhaps a Roman Centurion).

              AND about owner support… the reason you buy BMW is that (as a whole, except for stupid sh!t stuff – like the wiring harness burning up on the RT) it is bullet proof… it’s the reason that all of my used cars have been either Fords or Volkswagens (oh, did I say that all of my new cars have been GM (since I get an employee discount, and my wife’s father was a GM dealer (salesman) ever since (and before) we were married in 1980), and that the dealers in Fort Wayne suck so much that it wasn’t until 1999 and then 2000 that I bought my first new GM in side the city instead of going to Ohio – the salesmen and dealerships just didn’t want you business and thought that if you didn’t buy, then the next one would – guess that’s why my current ride was from Garrett.

              Enough of that, the dogs driving Julie mad and there’s work to do between storms in the flower bed.

              You can only buy so many maintenance items, extra chrome, and the like before you bust the bank… the dealership should be out there drumming up their own clients and getting the current owners happy just to want to come in and have coffee and a hot dog, or just shoot the breeze…

              Now it’s to the flower bed and walking the dog.