RE: [SCBeemers] Re: Indy Air Show, Mt. Comfort Airport, 6/11/2010, 12:00 am

    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 11, 2010

      Have a safe trip, don’t miss the Royal Tank Museum outside of London… can’t recall the name right now, but it’s where they do the annual “War and Peace” show with all the museum’s armor and those of personal collectors.

      Branko

      From: Branko <nined2yk@...>
      To: SCBeemers@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 2:31 PM

      If you are interested in going to the Air Show, please do a reply...

      Except for David, there hasn't been any replies to date.

      As the show starts at 10am, I won't be attending the monthly breakfast at Cosmos. The plan is to eat on the way, stop at the .45 Truck Stop at exit 45... good food as this was a great place to stop when in the Guard going to division hq... and return to New Haven following the close of the show, but after the parking lot clears out - this gives you time to take pictures of the planes on the ready line until there is no light left.

      If you are interested in a volunteering, before, during, after, the show you can get a free ticket into the show (saves you $20 on the cost of one admission ticket). My am going to do some volunteer work while attending the show for a few hours, then do some living history with a friend... following that return home as I'm off my rest at midnight.

      If you are interested in volunteering, download and complete the volunteer form in the files section of the club's website, fill it out (just the bottom part), bring it with you to the show and report to the volunteer tent for your assignment. Most of the work lasts four hours, various hours of the day - I plan on doing 6am to 10am so that I can watch the show, do my living history, and get back in time for work.

      Send me an im, or e-mail me with your cell number so we can meet up at the show.

      OK, with that being said, take care... looking forward to seeing you soon.

      Branko

    • Branko
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 14, 2010
        ..turns out I didn't make it either.

        Got called to work, my rest day was canceled, and ended up in Chicago for the weekend instead of going to Indy.

        There's always Dayton, or next year.