Indy Air Show, Mt. Comfort Airport, 6/11/2010, 12:00 am

    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 3, 2010

      Title: Indy Air Show, Mt. Comfort Airport

      Date: Friday June 11, 2010
      Time: All Day
      Next reminder: The next reminder for this event will be sent in 4 days, 23 hours, 48 minutes.
      Location: Mt. Comfort Airport, Mt. Comfort, Indiana
      Notes: For the Friday Practice and Media Day, the gates open at 10:00 AM and close at 4:00 PM Practice is scheduled from 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM, weather and schedule permitting. For Saturday and Sunday, the gates are open from 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM. The Indianapolis Air Show begins at 11:00 AM and will conclude by 5:00 PM, schedule permitting.

      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 8, 2010

        Title: Indy Air Show, Mt. Comfort Airport

        Date: Friday June 11, 2010
        Time: All Day
        Location: Mt. Comfort Airport, Mt. Comfort, Indiana
        Notes: For the Friday Practice and Media Day, the gates open at 10:00 AM and close at 4:00 PM Practice is scheduled from 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM, weather and schedule permitting. For Saturday and Sunday, the gates are open from 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM. The Indianapolis Air Show begins at 11:00 AM and will conclude by 5:00 PM, schedule permitting.

      • Branko
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 9, 2010
          If you are interested in going to the Air Show, please do a reply...

          Except for David, there hasn't been any replies to date.

          As the show starts at 10am, I won't be attending the monthly breakfast at Cosmos. The plan is to eat on the way, stop at the .45 Truck Stop at exit 45... good food as this was a great place to stop when in the Guard going to division hq... and return to New Haven following the close of the show, but after the parking lot clears out - this gives you time to take pictures of the planes on the ready line until there is no light left.

          If you are interested in a volunteering, before, during, after, the show you can get a free ticket into the show (saves you $20 on the cost of one admission ticket). My am going to do some volunteer work while attending the show for a few hours, then do some living history with a friend... following that return home as I'm off my rest at midnight.

          If you are interested in volunteering, download and complete the volunteer form in the files section of the club's website, fill it out (just the bottom part), bring it with you to the show and report to the volunteer tent for your assignment. Most of the work lasts four hours, various hours of the day - I plan on doing 6am to 10am so that I can watch the show, do my living history, and get back in time for work.

          Send me an im, or e-mail me with your cell number so we can meet up at the show.

          OK, with that being said, take care... looking forward to seeing you soon.

          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 9, 2010
            Sounds like a fun trip, I am going to be unable to do it.  I am playing bass this month at church and we have saturday at 9am rehersals, so I won't be able to make breakfast either.  But if you see a guy on a GS with a guitar on his back... Wave.

            Anyway I'm also headed up to Michigan probably Sunday or Monday early AM.  I am ttaking my bke up to BMW SEM to get the rear speed sensor replaced on Monday.  After spending probably $20,000 at Woodson on bikes, gear, service, and parts I have decided I won't take my business back there due to an unfortunate incident on Saturday.  For the first time someone other than either myself or Woodson's techs will get a chance to work on my bike.

          • Diederich, Roger - ES
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 9, 2010

              No go for me…….

[...]

              Branko

              This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender.
              Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Corporation. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ITT accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.
            • Randol Doug
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 9, 2010
                I am not planning to attend. Leaving for the UK on Saturday.

                Doug

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 11, 2010

                    Looks like most, if not everyone, is off taking care of business of one kind or another… so, I’ll take plenty of pictures to post and get wet if it rains.

                    Have a good weekend, and a safe tomorrow.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 11, 2010

                      Don’t miss the National WWII D-Day Museum in New Orleans… I’ll have to make it there one of these days before I’m retired from the railroad.

                      Branko

                      Message 10 of 11 , Jun 11, 2010

                        Have a safe trip, don’t miss the Royal Tank Museum outside of London… can’t recall the name right now, but it’s where they do the annual “War and Peace” show with all the museum’s armor and those of personal collectors.

                        Branko

                        Message 11 of 11 , Jun 14, 2010
                          ..turns out I didn't make it either.

                          Got called to work, my rest day was canceled, and ended up in Chicago for the weekend instead of going to Indy.

                          There's always Dayton, or next year.