Re: Looking for evidence of a fabric basket

  • Quokkaqueen
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 24, 2011
      <<snip>>
      > I recently made a basket out of fabric, with a wooden frame, based of an
      > old knitting basket. I was wondering if anyone has seen any medieval
      > depictions of a similar item?
      <<snip>>

      The closest I can think of, is the 'bag frame' from Viking Age Hedeby.
      http://www.skjoldmus.de/Alltag-Tasche.html
      http://blog.eibeck.de/2009/handtasche-mit-holzbuegeln.html
      http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/7425/scannen0001t.jpg

      The book this is from, apparently, is:
      Florian Westphal. "Die Holzfunde von Haithabu"

      You might have some luck if you search the internet for sites about the 'Haithabu Taschenb├╝gel' - I haven't found anything about it in English, yet.

      Sorry it's not much,

      Asfridhr