RE: [SCAbasketry] Digest Number 170

  • Azizi, Beverly
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2004
      Previously I wrote

      I have some vine type material that has dried. If I want to reconstitute it
      for weaving I believe I need to soak it. My question is how long do you
      need to soak very dry stuff and is it always possible to get it pliable
      enough to weave?

      Bert Comstock
      replied: The processing of vines for weaving depends on what kind of vine it
      is. I suggest you identify the vines if you can,

      The vine is woody, wisteria to be exact. I appreciate the information in
      your reply and will use it as time permits. I also have morning glory
      growing and some other vines in the neighborhood that need some trimming
      including honeysuckle so I probably have a lot of material to work with here
      in my suburban neighborhood. Cool.