The Picking of minds

  • Duff MacKellar/ Patrick Glick
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21, 2004
      Greeting into all,

      I'm First Mate Duff Mackellar squire to Sir Stephen Grimfalcon de Norfork,
      apprentice to Master Eadweard Boicewright, I walk into these pages to ask of the
      collected minds. I have been given a year and aday quest. I being of the blacksmith
      trade, and have lend heavy to the making of tools. The quest worked out between
      Master Eadweard and me is that I'm to find documention and make period tools for
      the different trades the are practiced in the SCA. This will be a work in process
      that will lead to a moving display of said tools, the teachering of how to make
      some the sampler tools for each trade, and to the possible making of more the tools
      to be used by craftmen in the SCA. Some of the examples of said tools for leather
      workers a stitch awl; woodworkers marking awl, drawknives,wood guoges, and spoon
      bits; for fiber arts metal needles, scissors, and shears; and what everelse that
      can be find to make for the different trades. What I'm looking for is the name of
      books,web sites, and I may need to beg copys of the documention from people. Thank
      you all very much for your time and help.

      Into the living of the dream
      Duff Mackellar

      P.S. I may be contacted off list thank yopu again. Plus this will lead to a web
      site with all the tools displayed and with their documention, and creit given to
      those who helped.