mad weave

  • suesheep2001
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 30, 2004
      I am trying to figure out mad weave. Has anyone tried it?
      Any suggestions?

      Thanks Sue
    • ranvaig@columbus.rr.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 30, 2004
        >I am trying to figure out mad weave. Has anyone tried it?
        >Any suggestions?
        >
        >Thanks Sue

        Have you seen The Mad Weave Book? I know my public library has a
        copy, but its pretty inexpensive.
        http://www.addall.com/detail/0942002016.html
      • ranvaig@columbus.rr.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 30, 2004
          > >I am trying to figure out mad weave. Has anyone tried it?
          >>Any suggestions?
          >>
          >>Thanks Sue
          >
          >Have you seen The Mad Weave Book? I know my public library has a
          >copy, but its pretty inexpensive.
          >http://www.addall.com/detail/0942002016.html

          Sorry I spoke too soon.... its out of print and the few available
          copies are expensive now... and my library no longer has a copy.. I
          guess someone stole it :(
          Try Interlibrary Loan.

          Ranvaig
        • Sue Brunton
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 30, 2004
            Dear Ranvaig and all

            Thank you.
            I have the Mad Weave book and it is driving me mad!!! I was hoping to find
            as many references as I can to help understand it.

            Sue
          • g.m@tiscali.cz
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 23 12:25 PM
              Something about this weave is in Virginia Harvey´s book on basketry
              techniques as well but I was not able to understand it from her many steps.
              I had no idea how to go on. LaPlantz´s book is much easier to understand but
              I suspect they do weave it this way in Asia. I may be wrong...
              I have made many charts of this weave recently (I mean designs not the way
              of weaving) and I am going to try them as soon as I find time. The weave is
              over three and under three and first I would like to weave flat mats again -
              they are not much difficult. I have already made some flat paper mats
              before.
              Gabriela

              >I am trying to figure out mad weave. Has anyone tried it?
              >Any suggestions?
              >
              >Thanks Sue

              Have you seen The Mad Weave Book? I know my public library has a
              copy, but its pretty inexpensive.
              http://www.addall.com/detail/0942002016.html

              ---
              Odchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.