A Newbie and Help Needed

  • rebelvikinguk
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 8, 2002
      Hi all

      I am Brenna Froidisdottir in the UK. I am an irish viking in the
      10th century at the moment and do embroidery.

      I have just been conned into basketry and need all the help I can
      get. I am doing Viking and Anglo-Saxon stuff. Well actually my group
      does from 3rd century - 11th Century so i better cover that area.

      Can anyone direct me in the right direction on how to get started.

      How do you actually make willow baskets?

      Can some one please give me an idiots guide. I have got some
      information but its not a step by step and its got me confused (that
      aint hard).

      I have to know the basics of making baskets by june when the group
      has a major event in suffolk uk.

      Brenna
    • Olwen the Odd
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 9, 2002
        Greeting Brenna. Welcome to the list. It has been pretty quiet for a while
        so I have no idea what everyone is doing.

        I cann't help you with willow baskets. The only kind of basket I do is pine
        needle. There are some good step-by-step books out there. Perhaps you
        might find a few in the library. If I think on it this evening I shall look
        at the couple I have and if they seem like something that may help you I'll
        write down the titles/authors. Can't promise anything though because my
        mind is a seive.
        Lady Olwen the Odd

        >I am Brenna Froidisdottir in the UK. I am an irish viking in the
        >10th century at the moment and do embroidery.
        >
        >I have just been conned into basketry and need all the help I can
        >get. I am doing Viking and Anglo-Saxon stuff. Well actually my group
        >does from 3rd century - 11th Century so i better cover that area.
        >
        >Can anyone direct me in the right direction on how to get started.
        >
        >How do you actually make willow baskets?
        >
        >Can some one please give me an idiots guide. I have got some
        >information but its not a step by step and its got me confused (that
        >aint hard).
        >
        >I have to know the basics of making baskets by june when the group
        >has a major event in suffolk uk.
        >
        >Brenna

      • Susi Nuss
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 14, 2002
          Hi Brenna:

          Here are a few references that will get you started.

          http://www.basketmakers.com/topics/bymaterial/willow/willowmenu.htm
          http://www.basketmakers.com/topics/bylocation/locukindex.htm

          Susi

          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Susi Nuss
          BasketMakers http://basketmakers.com
          Email: mailto:susibasket@...
          http://forums.delphiforums.com/basketmakers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          I am Brenna Froidisdottir in the UK. I am an irish viking in the
          10th century at the moment and do embroidery.

          I have just been conned into basketry and need all the help I can
          get. I am doing Viking and Anglo-Saxon stuff. Well actually my group
          does from 3rd century - 11th Century so i better cover that area.

          Can anyone direct me in the right direction on how to get started.

          How do you actually make willow baskets?

          Can some one please give me an idiots guide. I have got some
          information but its not a step by step and its got me confused (that
          aint hard).

          I have to know the basics of making baskets by june when the group
          has a major event in suffolk uk.

          Brenna

          Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        • Brenna
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 15, 2002
            Thanks Susi

            I will go and try and find them.

            Brenna
            > Here are a few references that will get you started.
            >
            > http://www.basketmakers.com/topics/bymaterial/willow/willowmenu.htm
            > http://www.basketmakers.com/topics/bylocation/locukindex.htm
            >
            > Susi

            > Susi Nuss