Basketry at Pennsic?

  • kgomm@csd.uwm.edu
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 18, 2001
      Hello all -
      Now that we are less than a month away from Pennsic, is there any
      particular time us basket weavers would like to get together? The
      master schedule is up on the Pennsic site
      (http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn30/) along with the class schedule.

      Since we won't be able to accomodate everyone, let's pick a time.
      Most people will be in between 8/12-18, and the early afternoon was
      suggested. I also believe that Olwen offered his campsite - will it
      be mostly centrally located? I'd offer mine, but I'll be in the
      boonies. Comments, suggestions?

      I'm thinking of bringing some willow to work with during the war. Is
      anyone interested in working with willow? Let me know so I can do
      some planning.

      Thanks!
      Doré
    • Olwen the Odd
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 23, 2001
        Hi Dore' and all. We can certainly use my campsite. We shall have plenty
        of tables and chairs in the hospitality tent. For me I shall be there both
        weeks so anyone can drop by and catch me on the first week on the second
        week I shall be available on Monday mostly all day, Weds. morning/mid-day,
        Friday mostly all day. I am not so sure if I am leaving on Saturday or
        Sunday. Our campsite is W13 at the bottom of Runestone Hill to the right of
        the shower. Pick a time and I shall be there. There are folks on the cooks
        list that want to do pine needle baskets who will want to come as well. And
        yes, Dore', I would love to learn willow!

        Lady Olwen the Odd
        Clan of Odds
        House Blackstar
        Bright Hills Cooks Guild
        Barony of Bright Hills
        Kingdom of Atlantia!

        >From: kgomm@...

        >Hello all -
        >Now that we are less than a month away from Pennsic, is there any
        >particular time us basket weavers would like to get together? The
        >master schedule is up on the Pennsic site
        >(http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn30/) along with the class schedule.
        >
        >Since we won't be able to accomodate everyone, let's pick a time.
        >Most people will be in between 8/12-18, and the early afternoon was
        >suggested. I also believe that Olwen offered his campsite - will it
        >be mostly centrally located? I'd offer mine, but I'll be in the
        >boonies. Comments, suggestions?
        >
        >I'm thinking of bringing some willow to work with during the war. Is
        >anyone interested in working with willow? Let me know so I can do
        >some planning.
        >
        >Thanks!
        >Dor�

      • Denise Jones
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 23, 2001
          Hmm, when are you doing pine needle baskets? Would love to join you for
          that one.
          Caroline

          At 07:01 PM 07/23/2001 +0000, you wrote:
          >Hi Dore' and all. We can certainly use my campsite. We shall have plenty
          >of tables and chairs in the hospitality tent. For me I shall be there both
          >weeks so anyone can drop by and catch me on the first week on the second
          >week I shall be available on Monday mostly all day, Weds. morning/mid-day,
          >Friday mostly all day. I am not so sure if I am leaving on Saturday or
          >Sunday. Our campsite is W13 at the bottom of Runestone Hill to the right of
          >the shower. Pick a time and I shall be there. There are folks on the cooks
          >list that want to do pine needle baskets who will want to come as well. And
          >yes, Dore', I would love to learn willow!
          >
          >Lady Olwen the Odd
          >Clan of Odds
          >House Blackstar
          >Bright Hills Cooks Guild
          >Barony of Bright Hills
          >Kingdom of Atlantia!
          >

          > >From: kgomm@...
          >
          > >Hello all -
          > >Now that we are less than a month away from Pennsic, is there any
          > >particular time us basket weavers would like to get together? The
          > >master schedule is up on the Pennsic site
          > >(http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn30/) along with the class schedule.
          > >
          > >Since we won't be able to accomodate everyone, let's pick a time.
          > >Most people will be in between 8/12-18, and the early afternoon was
          > >suggested. I also believe that Olwen offered his campsite - will it
          > >be mostly centrally located? I'd offer mine, but I'll be in the
          > >boonies. Comments, suggestions?
          > >
          > >I'm thinking of bringing some willow to work with during the war. Is
          > >anyone interested in working with willow? Let me know so I can do
          > >some planning.
          > >
          > >Thanks!
          > >Doré

        • Olwen the Odd
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 24, 2001
            >Hmm, when are you doing pine needle baskets? Would love to join you for
            >that one.
            >Caroline

            How about Monday the 13th. I shall be in my camp from at least
            10 o'clock till 1 o'clock. My camp site is W13 at the bottom of Runestone
            Hill (get off the wagon at the bottom of the hill across from the bath house
            ~ we are on the right hand side of the bath house) and our House Blackstar
            sign will be outside the entrance. Of course if you are there both weeks,
            come on down any time.
            Olwen

            PS I shall also have my lampworking supplies with me if anyone is
            interested.

          • Bryn Smith
            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 24, 2001
              Ooh, Monday! I don't have anything much yet on Monday. I'd love to learn
              pine needle baskets too!
              At 05:30 PM 7/24/2001 +0000, you wrote:

              >>Hmm, when are you doing pine needle baskets? Would love to join you for
              >>that one.
              >>Caroline
              >
              >How about Monday the 13th. I shall be in my camp from at least
              >10 o'clock till 1 o'clock. My camp site is W13 at the bottom of Runestone
              >Hill (get off the wagon at the bottom of the hill across from the bath house
              >~ we are on the right hand side of the bath house) and our House Blackstar
              >sign will be outside the entrance. Of course if you are there both weeks,
              >come on down any time.
              >Olwen
              >
              >PS I shall also have my lampworking supplies with me if anyone is
              >interested.

              Bryn y Pobydd (piper-at-large)
              Canton of Kappellenberg, Barony of Windmasters' Hill, Atlantia
              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 24, 2001
                Great! See you on Monday then!
                Olwen

                \

                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 26, 2001
                  Olwen -
                  Would you mind if we piggy-backed the Basketweaver's Tea/Get-together
                  on Monday? I can bring my willow, and we can do pine needles and
                  willow, and whatever else anyone wants to work on.

                  Do you have a preferred time for this? I know Opening Ceremonies are
                  at 11am, so would 1pm be too late for anyone? That would give folks
                  time to see the festivities, get some lunch, and get to Olwen's
                  campsite.

                  Sound ok?
                  Thanks!
                  Doré

                  http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp
                • kgomm@csd.uwm.edu
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jul 26, 2001

                    Message 9 of 16 , Jul 27, 2001
                      Around 1 o'clock will be fine. Thanks for remembering to say when opening
                      ceremony is. I forgot to look but wanted to see the parade. I even made a
                      dress for it. I will probably be around camp in the morning as well for a
                      little while so if anyone wanted to bring their stuff down to stash that
                      would be ok.
                      Olwen