Re: [SCAbasketry] New to the List

  • Olwen the Odd
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2001
      Greetings Susan. I have never made an egg basket. Always wanted to. The
      only type I have ever made are pine needle baskets. If you want to see a
      few I have posted in my on-line photo album go to
      http://communities.msn.com/OlwensOddities&naventryid=100 There are only a
      few. Will you be bringing any supplies? I have to get to the store and buy
      a kit. I have been wanting to make some other kind of basket for the
      longest time but between being in a cooks guild and making glass beads and
      poppourri I have so little time. Cripes I'm still working on a basket I
      started for a friend over six months ago. (really! I have excuses!)

      Lady Olwen the Odd
      Clan of Odds
      House Blackstar
      Bright Hills Cooks Guild
      Barony of Bright Hills
      Kingdom of Atlantia!

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2001
        WOW! Those are gorgeous!!! I've never done pine needle baskets. I
        will someday...

        Unfortunately, I won't be able to bring supplies with me to Pennsic.
        I'll be visiting as the Queen of the West, so I probably won't have
        enough time to sit long enough to weave.

        What did you make your edible bouquet out of? I'm curious...

        Susan

        --- In SCAbasketry@y..., "Olwen the Odd" <olwentheodd@h...> wrote:
        > Greetings Susan. I have never made an egg basket. Always wanted
        to. The
        > only type I have ever made are pine needle baskets. If you want to
        see a
        > few I have posted in my on-line photo album go to
        > http://communities.msn.com/OlwensOddities&naventryid=100 There
        are only a
        > few. Will you be bringing any supplies? I have to get to the
        store and buy
        > a kit. I have been wanting to make some other kind of basket for
        the
        > longest time but between being in a cooks guild and making glass
        beads and
        > poppourri I have so little time. Cripes I'm still working on a
        basket I
        > started for a friend over six months ago. (really! I have excuses!)
        >
        > Lady Olwen the Odd
        > Clan of Odds
        > House Blackstar
        > Bright Hills Cooks Guild
        > Barony of Bright Hills
        > Kingdom of Atlantia!

      • Olwen the Odd
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2001
          >WOW! Those are gorgeous!!! I've never done pine needle baskets. I
          >will someday...
          >
          >Unfortunately, I won't be able to bring supplies with me to Pennsic.
          >I'll be visiting as the Queen of the West, so I probably won't have
          >enough time to sit long enough to weave.
          >
          >What did you make your edible bouquet out of? I'm curious...
          >
          >Susan

          Thank you. If you are going to get to Pennsic early (the first week) and
          get a little time I may be able to get you started on a pine needle basket.
          They aren't all that hard once you get them started.

          As for the bouquet, well I used whatever I found in the store. The blue
          ones are white onion soaked in water with blue food colour. The yellow are
          turnips dyed with food colour. I used little red and green hot peppers,
          olives, hand carved dakon radish, I used a star shaped cookie cutter for
          some stuff, portobella mushrooms, radiccio lettuce, I used spring onion cut
          and soaked in cold water to make them curly, broccoli, kale, tiny corn. I
          don't know what else. They kinda change with what ever is available at the
          time. If you looked in the section called Queen's Brunch (a tab on the left
          side) there is a picture of another one that is a little different.
          Olwen
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 1, 2001
            I'm planning on going Saturday the 11th through Sat. the 18th. I
            still hope to meet up with people...Maybe we could coordinate closer
            to Pennsic!

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 1, 2001
              >I'm planning on going Saturday the 11th through Sat. the 18th. I
              >still hope to meet up with people...Maybe we could coordinate closer
              >to Pennsic!
              >
              >Susan

              An excellent idea!

              Olwen