Re: [SCAbasketry] Getting Started

  • Michaelene Borzych
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2001
      Dear Kiara,
      Welcome to the group, where are you from. Weaving is
      easier with someone to share or learn the process
      from.
      Give us a general location so other weavers can help
      you find a guild club local to your location.
      Michaelene
      --- tressena2000@... wrote:
      > Hi I'm new to the board and was wondering where to
      > start with basket
      > making? I wanted to try rug braiding but seems like
      > it didn't start
      > til colonial America and I found this board. Is
      > this something that
      > can be learned by a book pretty easily?
      >
      > Kiara

      =====
      Michaelene Borzych
      e-mail mborzych@...
      Health and Nutrition Store: http://www.ontheway2market.unfranchise.com
      Web Design Store: http://www.webdesignbymichaelene.com

      http://auctions.yahoo.com/
    • tressena2000@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2001
        --- In SCAbasketry@y..., Michaelene Borzych <m_borzych@y...> wrote:
        > Give us a general location so other weavers can help
        > you find a guild club local to your location.
        > Michaelene

        I'm located in Starkhafn (Las Vegas) in Caid. We're kind of isolated
        but are attempting to go to more events in California. I'm planning
        on going to Potrero War at the end of the month. Any basketry people
        near me?

        Kiara