Poll results for SCA_India

  • SCA_India@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 1, 2005
      The following SCA_India poll is now closed. Here are the
      final results:

      POLL QUESTION: For a choli workshop at Pennsic, I would like to:

      CHOICES AND RESULTS
      - Organize it, 0 votes, 0.00%
      - Help run it, 3 votes, 20.00%
      - Attend it - I have a choli that works, but I'm always on the lookout, 3 votes, 20.00%
      - Attend it - I have never been happy with my cholis/never tried making a choli, 1 votes, 6.67%
      - Bring my overheated European friends, 3 votes, 20.00%
      - Pout because I can't be at Pennsic, please keep me in mind for future workshops., 2 votes, 13.33%
      - Hide from it., 0 votes, 0.00%
      - What's a choli?, 1 votes, 6.67%
      - Cholis are delicious, I like them with clotted cream, 2 votes, 13.33%

      INDIVIDUAL VOTES
      - Organize it
      - Help run it
      - mlpolson@...
      - unclrashid@...
      - baital@...
      - Attend it - I have a choli that works, but I'm always on the lookout
      - mlpolson@...
      - anuja.simpson@...
      - rosadioro@...
      - Attend it - I have never been happy with my cholis/never tried making a choli
      - judy_seidl@...
      - Bring my overheated European friends
      - mlpolson@...
      - baital@...
      - rosadioro@...
      - Pout because I can't be at Pennsic, please keep me in mind for future workshops.
      - kthrockmorton@...
      - tn_canuck@...
      - Hide from it.
      - What's a choli?
      - LFGibson@...
      - Cholis are delicious, I like them with clotted cream
      - johnadamsvondembeck@...
      - rosadioro@...

      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SCA_India

      http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/
    • SCA_India@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 24 , Aug 6, 2005
        The following SCA_India poll is now closed. Here are the
        final results:

        POLL QUESTION: Are you interested in camping with little India

        CHOICES AND RESULTS
        - yes I want to camp with you next year., 8 votes, 66.67%
        - maybe, Im not sure if I want to leave my group, 1 votes, 8.33%
        - No thanks ,I really like my group now, 1 votes, 8.33%
        - Maybe in the future,but not next year, 1 votes, 8.33%
        - I never wanna leave pennsic, 1 votes, 8.33%

        INDIVIDUAL VOTES
        - yes I want to camp with you next year.
        - mydragonfly@...
        - kthrockmorton@...
        - icbhod@...
        - Jindaam@...
        - rarejul@...
        - rosadioro@...
        - judy_seidl@...
        - johnadamsvondembeck@...
        - maybe, Im not sure if I want to leave my group
        - mistresstoad@...
        - No thanks ,I really like my group now
        - bethlakshmi@...
        - Maybe in the future,but not next year
        - ayla_meydan@...
        - I never wanna leave pennsic
        - mangal_sews@...

        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 1, 2006
          The following SCA_India poll is now closed. Here are the
          final results:

          POLL QUESTION: Biyari at Pennsic 35

          CHOICES AND RESULTS
          - I am interested in attending Biyari, 6 votes, 37.50%
          - I am interested in preparing food/serving at Biyari, 1 votes, 6.25%
          - I can provide stuff for Biyari, 2 votes, 12.50%
          - I am NOT interested in attending Biyari, 0 votes, 0.00%
          - I would prefer a less formal "tea and book drool", 2 votes, 12.50%
          - I won't be at Pennsic this year, and am very sad about this., 4 votes, 25.00%
          - An egg, 1 votes, 6.25%

          INDIVIDUAL VOTES
          - avani_pari@...
          - rarejul@...
          - I am interested in preparing food/serving at Biyari
          - kthrockmorton@...
          - I can provide stuff for Biyari
          - Jindaam@...
          - rarejul@...
          - I am NOT interested in attending Biyari
          - I would prefer a less formal "tea and book drool"
          - bethlakshmi@...
          - rarejul@...
          - I won't be at Pennsic this year, and am very sad about this.
          - nutmeg8481@...
          - erzsebeta@...
          - unclrashid@...
          - whitespirit@...
          - An egg
          - purplkat@...

          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SCA_India

          http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/
        • Lauren
          Message 4 of 24 , Jul 1, 2006
            SCA_India@yahoogroups.com wrote:

            > The following SCA_India poll is now closed. Here are the
            > final results:

            Oh! I missed this! Add me to the I wanna come to the Biyari list. I
            think I'll be too busy with the merchant thing to bring stuff.
            Ghazalah
          • ranvaig@columbus.rr.com
            Message 5 of 24 , Jul 1, 2006
              >The following SCA_India poll is now closed. Here are the
              >final results:

              Add me to wont be at pennsic and am very sad.. but wanna get the recipes!!

              Ranvaig
            • Katherine Throckmorton
              Message 6 of 24 , Jul 1, 2006
                Based on the poll results, I'm going to suggest that we scrap the idea of trying to do Biyari this year. I think that a less intensive to plan, and less formal gathering might be prefferable. How do people feel about this idea and if so what day do we want to do it. I will be at Pennsic the 11th-19th, so sometime in there would be my prefference.

                -Asma

              • LaRisa Allen
                Message 7 of 24 , Jul 2, 2006
                  > Based on the poll results, I'm going to suggest that we scrap the idea of
                  > trying to do Biyari this year. I think that a less intensive to plan, and
                  > less formal gathering might be prefferable. How do people feel about this
                  > idea and if so what day do we want to do it. I will be at Pennsic the
                  > 11th-19th, so sometime in there would be my prefference.

                  Might I suggest doing an early "cool drinks and chatting" thing on
                  Tuesday the 15th after the ME Dance expo? The schedule says it ends at
                  4, and the next possible conflict is AEthelmearc court at 6. I'm not
                  certain how many AEthelmartians we have on the list, but I'm certain
                  those of us who are planning on attending AE court (okay, I guess it
                  depends on if anyone I know is getting anything) wouldn't mind having
                  a few hours to relax and refresh in good company beforehand.

                  Bhairavi

                  --
                  http://www.generalism.net/
                • bethlakshmi
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jul 3, 2006
                    > Might I suggest doing an early "cool drinks and chatting" thing on
                    > Tuesday the 15th after the ME Dance expo? The schedule says it ends at
                    > 4, and the next possible conflict is AEthelmearc court at 6. I'm not
                    > certain how many AEthelmartians we have on the list, but I'm certain
                    > those of us who are planning on attending AE court (okay, I guess it
                    > depends on if anyone I know is getting anything) wouldn't mind having
                    > a few hours to relax and refresh in good company beforehand.
                    >
                    > Bhairavi

                    This may just affect me... but from a dancer point of view, the ME
                    dance expo is exhausting - the tent is hot, the show is long, and I
                    frequently end up grumpy and dehydrated by the end of it... and I never
                    manage to exit it on time... even if it ends on time, the shmoozing
                    speed at which I attempt to exit the area always slows me down.
                    Reading this, I'm not entirely sure why I do it - perhaps because I
                    like Avril, and it's part of the ME dance culture...

                    Any chance I could put in a bid for either Monday or Wednesday
                    afternoons of war week? I rather figure that we'll overlap something
                    cool no matter when we schedule it... so I didn't actually look for
                    potential conflicts. I'm booked 11:00 to 1:00 many days, but that's
                    about the only hard plan that I can't duck out of.

                    I love the idea of "cool drinks and chatting" - maybe something vaguely
                    pot-luck snackish with the theme of "cool" - that being anything from
                    ice and water to Indian ideas of cool being strangely spicey things
                    that cool while they heat? We could even expand to cooling ointments
                    and stuff if people have neat recipes... Do we even want to bring
                    books? Or just ourselves and hang out? The low-key sounds terrific.

                    -Lakshmi
                  • marcus findlay-arthur
                    Message 9 of 24 , Jul 3, 2006
                      Sigh if only I could join you folks!

                      > I love the idea of "cool drinks and chatting" - maybe something
                      > vaguely pot-luck snackish with the theme of "cool" - that being
                      anything from
                      > ice and water to Indian ideas of cool being strangely spicey things
                      > that cool while they heat? We could even expand to cooling
                      > ointments and stuff if people have neat recipes... Do we even want
                      to bring
                      > books? Or just ourselves and hang out? The low-key sounds
                      > terrific.

                      How about chilled rose-water in bowls with napkins to wipe hands and
                      faces? Be great if you could serve sherbert? Are those syrup things
                      you mix with water period? theycan be refreshing when mixed with
                      water or milk.
                      Mangal

                      All New Yahoo! Mail – Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html
                    • Katherine Throckmorton
                      Message 10 of 24 , Jul 3, 2006
                        Lakshmi wrote:
                        > Any chance I could put in a bid for either Monday or Wednesday
                        > afternoons of war week?

                        That would work for me, but my schedule is insanely open.

                        > I love the idea of "cool drinks and chatting" - maybe something vaguely
                        > pot-luck snackish with the theme of "cool" - that being anything from
                        > ice and water to Indian ideas of cool being strangely spicey things
                        > that cool while they heat?

                        That sounds like a excellent theme for the gathering!

                        > Do we even want to bring
                        > books? Or just ourselves and hang out? The low-key sounds terrific.

                        I think that since low-key is the order of the day people should bring books if they feel like it, and if not just bring their bad Indian selves.

                        -Asma

                      • LaRisa Allen
                        Message 11 of 24 , Jul 3, 2006
                          > > Might I suggest doing an early "cool drinks and chatting" thing on
                          > > Tuesday the 15th after the ME Dance expo?

                          > This may just affect me... but from a dancer point of view, the ME
                          > dance expo is exhausting - the tent is hot, the show is long, and I
                          > frequently end up grumpy and dehydrated by the end of it... and I never
                          > manage to exit it on time...

                          This is precisely why I suggested having it at that period of time.
                          Having a serious "chill-out" time with fellow Indians (and hell, if
                          we're open to alchohol, I'll bring the Bawdy Brahmins) after such an
                          event sounds ideal to me, personally.

                          Monday the Cure Salee starts at 7, which...I do not know how long the
                          hostesses will want this thing to last? I know if I sit down with good
                          conversation and a cool drink I'll stay planted for *hours* :)

                          Wednesday is EK Court at 7. Again...not sure when the hostesses will
                          want to kick us out.

                          Consider me down for "no books". Much as I like the idea, I always end
                          up hating carrying them around and then being annoyed and disappointed
                          if no one looks at them. :/ I'd rather just kick back and relax.

                          Bhairavi

                          --
                          http://www.generalism.net/
                        • SCA_India@yahoogroups.com
                          Message 12 of 24 , Jul 22, 2006
                            The following SCA_India poll is now closed. Here are the
                            final results:

                            POLL QUESTION: what day of the week would you like for a little india get together?

                            CHOICES AND RESULTS
                            - monday of war week, 3 votes, 37.50%
                            - tuesday of war week, 1 votes, 12.50%
                            - wednesday of war week, 4 votes, 50.00%

                            INDIVIDUAL VOTES
                            - monday of war week
                            - purplkat@...
                            - bethlakshmi@...
                            - froggiebumpers@...
                            - tuesday of war week
                            - purplkat@...
                            - wednesday of war week
                            - kthrockmorton@...
                            - rarejul@...
                            - LadyMungala@...
                            - bethlakshmi@...

                            Message 13 of 24 , Jul 22, 2006
                              The following SCA_India poll is now closed. Here are the
                              final results:

                              POLL QUESTION: What time during the day should we hold a little india get together?

                              CHOICES AND RESULTS
                              - afternoon between 12-4, 3 votes, 60.00%
                              - early eve between 5-7, 2 votes, 40.00%
                              - after 7pm, 0 votes, 0.00%

                              INDIVIDUAL VOTES
                              - afternoon between 12-4
                              - purplkat@...
                              - rarejul@...
                              - LadyMungala@...
                              - early eve between 5-7
                              - kthrockmorton@...
                              - froggiebumpers@...
                              - after 7pm

                              Message 14 of 24 , Feb 22, 2010
                                The following SCA_India poll is now closed. Here are the
                                final results:

                                POLL QUESTION: Staff for Biyari

                                CHOICES AND RESULTS
                                - I am interested in autocrating Biyari, 1 votes, 11.11%
                                - I will be part of the core staff, 4 votes, 44.44%
                                - I can help with cooking/serving, but don't ask me to plan anything, 1 votes, 11.11%
                                - I can bring cool stuff, but can't help with the planning, 1 votes, 11.11%
                                - I'll show up, but I'm just in it for the food and the babes., 2 votes, 22.22%

                                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SCA_India

                              • jimandandi
                                Message 15 of 24 , Feb 22, 2010
                                  Sorry everyone- I was doing some list maintenance and didn't see that this would send an automatic message until after I had already done it.

                                  Live and learn.

                                  Madhavi