Re: [SCA_India] Banjara (Maybe).....slightly off-topic

  • Valerie J. Rose
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2004
      From: "Evans Knight" <janumsaleem@...>
      To: <SCA_India@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Saturday, November 27, 2004 4:01 AM
      Subject: [SCA_India] Banjara (Maybe).....slightly off-topic

      > OK. i dont know who else to ask this, so ill ask here. DO any of you
      > know any people in the SCA who have Rroma personae or alternate
      > personae? I've really become interested in the Rroma recently, and
      > think it would make a cool alternate. given the indian origin of the
      > european gypsies, i thought this would be a good place to start.
      >
      > Jawaharlal

      I have a Rrom/Gypsy persona, and have had for a long time. I also have
      interests in Italian Ren., Indian, and more. But, due to ill health and not
      enough
      $$, I haven't been to an event in a long time.

      Valerie J. Rose
      pooka@...
    • Valerie J. Rose
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2004
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 2, 2004
          Yahoo is now using something called "Web Beacons" to track Yahoo
          Group users around the net and see what you're doing and where you
          are going - similar to cookies.

          Take a look at their updated privacy statement:
          http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy

          About half-way down the page, in the section on cookies you will see
          a link that says "web beacons."
          Click on the phrase "web beacons."

          That will bring you to a paragraph entitled "Outside the Yahoo
          Network."
          In this section you'll see a little "click here to opt out" link
          that will let you "opt-out" of their new method of snooping.

          Once you have clicked that link, you are opted out. Notice
          the "Success"
          message on the top of the next page. Be careful because on that page
          there is a "Cancel Opt-out" button that, if clicked, will *undo**
          the opt-out.

          Feel free to forward this to other groups.