  • Tigger
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2004
      Hi Madhavi,
      Yes I have entered Meridian A&S comps with Indian based categories. I will be entering again in this years Kingdom A&S. I like to switch back and forth with entering and judging. It gives one a nice perspective of what the judges are looking for. I find that each Kingdom requires different standards. In Meridies, judging is also based on what area one enters. Such as: static, performance, or costume! Each category has a different focus, which will change where you want your strong points to be.

      (for entire list)
      This is also something that everyone on the list should keep in mind when discussing documentation standards. Each Kingdom is different and may require different focus.I suggest sitting with a Laurel(shadow judge) to see what they require. What your Kingdom does and excepts as suitable documentation, may be different in the next.

      Good luck to everyone entering
      Teja
      (Tigger)

      She did? I am a relative newbie to A&S competitions, I’ve only been doing the A&S thing for about 3 years. Teja is somewhere around here… yoohoo! Teja can you please confirm or deny that there have indeed been Indian entries in Meridies?

      And yeah, I have already fully pilfered her bibliography. May the book orgy begin!!

      Madhavi
    • Jim and Andi
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2004

        I can’t wait to see it! I’m not entering this year, but I hope to have a Rajput costume entry by next Magna Faire. I really want to do a skin-out entry but the jewelry is a little daunting… I’ll have to make most of it.

        So Sorcha, Teja and I will be at Meridian Kingdom A&S…. will you be there Cera? Should we have another social? I promise to bring the rum punch this time!

[...]

        SCA_India Mailing List Info:
                               or
          List owner:   SCA_India-owner@yahoogroups.com

      • kyrra_filla_drust
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1, 2004
          I will be there with my few entries. :) Socials are always a blast.
          Cera

          --- In SCA_India@yahoogroups.com, "Jim and Andi" <icbhod@c...> wrote:
          > I can't wait to see it! I'm not entering this year, but I hope to
          have a
          > Rajput costume entry by next Magna Faire. I really want to do a
          skin-out
          > entry but the jewelry is a little daunting… I'll have to make most
          of it.

          > So Sorcha, Teja and I will be at Meridian Kingdom A&S…. will you
          be there
          > Cera? Should we have another social? I promise to bring the rum
          punch this
          > time!
          >
          > Madhavi

        • sorchavaldimar
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 1, 2004
            Yes, yes! Bring the rum punch!!!!! I will bring some munchies :)

            I am still trying to sort out the how I am going to get to Kingdom
            A&S. If no one from Birmingham is going to go, and Jennet doesn't go,
            then I guess I will be flying into Nashville and begging for a ride :)
            Hopefully I will know sometime soon what is going to happen.

            Sorcha