embroidery tips

  • Jim and Andi Houston
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 5, 2000
      Hey, does anyone out there have a good Indian embroidery book? I just need
      the names and descriptions of the commonly used stitches. I cannot get these
      books from our library system! Also, anyone know of a good website that has
      info on how to construct Hindi names? I’ve got the first name, but I can’t
      figure out hoe to do the rest of it!

      Madrun, soon to be Sarasvati something-or-another
    • b@|+/-\1
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 6, 2000
        On Sun, 5 Mar 2000, Jim and Andi Houston wrote:

        > From: "Jim and Andi Houston" <kobol@...>
        >
        > Hey, does anyone out there have a good Indian embroidery book? I just need
        > the names and descriptions of the commonly used stitches. I cannot get these
        > books from our library system! Also, anyone know of a good website that has
        > info on how to construct Hindi names? I�ve got the first name, but I can�t
        > figure out hoe to do the rest of it!

        The only embroidery book I've found (so far) is Traditional Embroideries
        of India. I've never actually seen it myself, but you can buy it at:
        http://www.khazana.com/books/index.html?/books/arttextiles/book_15.html

        As for how to construct names...It will depend a lot of your region/time
        period. The best thing to do may be to find a piece of literature from the
        place and time you're looking to focus on, and analyzing the names
        contained in it.

        Best of luck!

        Bhairavi

        --
        I'm as human as the next girl, I like a bit of flattery
        But I don't need your practised lines, your school of charm mentality so