Re: Clothing from India

  • LoRain77@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 1999
      I bought a top through ebay that is 100% cotton.
      Called "Tocca"
      does anyone know what that means?
      Is it a type of embroidery or a
      caftan top design?

      CoinsNveil
    • Woodrow Hill
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 6, 1999
        At 08:16 PM 12/6/99 -0500, you wrote:
        >From: LoRain77@...
        >
        >I bought a top through ebay that is 100% cotton.
        >Called "Tocca"
        >does anyone know what that means?
        >Is it a type of embroidery or a
        >caftan top design?

        Hmmm. Hopefully, someone knows. Hey, what does it look like?
        Did a quick bounce through a couple of Industrial-Strength
        Internet Search Engines. Tocca looks to be a Italian word, from the long
        lists of Italian language sites that popped up. And there's a fashion
        designer named Tocca, who was mentioned in an article about how the jetset
        is finding India...maybe I'm just blowing smoke, I dunno.

        >CoinsNveil

        ---Asim
        *******
        Asim al-Talib/Woodrow Hill/??? -- Many names, one single mug shot...
        asim@... OR asim_x@... | ICQ #4098247
        Asim's ME Dance Links at http://www.mindspring.com/~whill
      • LoRain77@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 6, 1999
          In a message dated 12/06/1999 9:09:08 PM Central Standard Time,
          asim@... writes:

          << Hey, what does it look like? >>
          heavy linen; high neck. button down the front 1/3 of the way down. buttons
          have same embroidery as around sleeves, neck, and around the bottom.
          I have seen the term attached to tunics and skirts from India. It is very
          beautiful, unique.
          It might be the name of the designer.
          -CoinsNveil