Re: [SCA_India] Pennsic - Who is going?

  • Becca Damour
    Message 1 of 33 , Jul 1 7:23 AM
      Sadly I can't attend this year, but be on the lookout for more Hindustan ladies out and about at Pennsic.   I've been holding choli patterning classes locally and I think I've made some converts.

      pakshalika kananbala

      Message 33 of 33 , Jul 16 5:58 AM
        I'm arriving on zero day (the 19th). I am camping with Flaming Gryphon of the Middle Kingdom; I will be in a wickiup there (a simple teepee)--if I am there, come in and I will give you swagat. Not really sure how to tell when I will be there. I am a hatha and raja yoga and bhangra and Dravidian folk dance teacher but only joined the SCA this past February and did not register myself as a teacher for the university because I did not know the proceedings.

        I've only ever met two other South Asian personas, and two Middle Eastern personas. So I'm really excited for Pennsic. :)

        - Lalleshwari Sah, called Lalla

        On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 11:11 PM, Colleen Coil <attractedbyshinyobjects@...> wrote:

        Oh! I so hope I can go! I went to a gurdwara recently and sat in on a children's class and it looked so difficult. I tried and the kids laughed at me! It was so funny!

        Govindi

        maraha_kahanikar <kahanikar@...> wrote:

        I'll be there. I'll be teaching two Ka-Kha-Ga-Gha classes (basic devanagari): 7/23 4:00 and 8/1 noon. New this year, I've added a second hour to address matras (not mantras).

        शासक माराहा कहानीकार (Lord Maraha Kahanikar)

        [...]