Bengal Asiatic Society

  • margavati
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4 8:09 AM
      Question for my fellow Indo-researchers: has anyone had any luck either speaking with someone from or ordering materials from the Bengal Asiatic Society?

      I'm attempting to find sources and examples of Mughal bookbindings, and what I have is distinctly lacking those things, aside from one book I was able to view in the Walters Museum archives.

      The Asiatic Society seemed like the logical place to start a new search. Any tips?

      Thanks in advance,

      Margavati
    • Darcey Wunker
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 4 9:57 PM
        I've never communicated with them, but if they're actually in India, I can try to interface (given as I have a local Indian address, and access to a bunch of students from the Northeast).

        Drop me details off-list; I'm on holiday now & won't be back home til the end of July.

        -Darcey
        (whose is mostly here for the fun, since an actual branch of the org she can access is... not happening)

        On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 5:09 PM, margavati <chloegoth@...> wrote:
        Question for my fellow Indo-researchers: has anyone had any luck either speaking with someone from or ordering materials from the Bengal Asiatic Society?

        I'm attempting to find sources and examples of Mughal bookbindings, and what I have is distinctly lacking those things, aside from one book I was able to view in the Walters Museum archives.

        The Asiatic Society seemed like the logical place to start a new search. Any tips?

        Thanks in advance,

        Margavati

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional