Re: [SCA_India] SCA India Gallery back up!

  • Heather Law
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 27, 2013
      Very nice!

      Edwinna

      From: margavati
      Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 10:17 AM
      Subject: [SCA_India] SCA India Gallery back up!

      Hi, all!

      After much procrastination, I've created a new SCA India gallery on Flickr. The link is here:

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/93379533@N04/

      Go over, check it out, and let me know what you think! The organization is slightly different than our previous site, mostly because of the way flickr works, but the sets and collections match the parent and sub-folders that previously existed pretty closely.

      Additionally, if you have photos of yourself you'd like to add to the "Who's Who" section, please send them to me! Or if there's something of you up there that you want to have taken down, also let me know that.

      I'm going to work on pulling period images from the Yahoo Group uploads, but if you want me to upload your photos of you to the gallery as well, please comment and let me know. I won't upload photos of individuals from this group unless someone tells me I can, mostly because we're a little more selective here than on flickr.

      Thanks!

      -Margavati
      Group Photo-Walli

    • Jim and Andi Houston
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 27, 2013

        Thank you for all the work you’ve done Margavati!

        Madhavi

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 27, 2013
          That is so awesome!!!  We needed to move to a streaming/ sharing type venue like this.  Badly.

          A couple thoughts questions

          - can members link w this gallery and share streams?  I have a ton of pictures from India - taken by me- I'd love to link in!!!  There are so many that I really need something bulk
          - is there a way for all if us to tag ?  I could see it being awesome if we tag all sorts of things - painting, sculpture, era, location, particular types of people (women, men, dancer, king, etc) and other easily observable criteria to help searches
          - you can totally transfer images of me - I have a twitter account - bethlakshmi - and don't mind being joined linked or tagged!

          Lakshmi

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 28, 2013
            I think maybe I can add users? I'll see if I can figure out how to make these things happen. I am fairly certain that I can create group albums for this, which will allow folks to share streams and photos, but I'm not sure about the tagging function.

            I'll check into it and let you know!

            Thank you!

            Margavati

            --- In SCA_India@yahoogroups.com, Beth <bethlakshmi@...> wrote:

            > That is so awesome!!! We needed to move to a streaming/ sharing type venue
            > like this. Badly.
            >
            > A couple thoughts questions
            >
            > - can members link w this gallery and share streams? I have a ton of
            > pictures from India - taken by me- I'd love to link in!!! There are so
            > many that I really need something bulk
            > - is there a way for all if us to tag ? I could see it being awesome if we
            > tag all sorts of things - painting, sculpture, era, location, particular
            > types of people (women, men, dancer, king, etc) and other easily observable
            > criteria to help searches
            > - you can totally transfer images of me - I have a twitter account -
            > bethlakshmi - and don't mind being joined linked or tagged!
            >
            > Lakshmi
            >
            > On Wednesday, February 27, 2013, Jim and Andi Houston wrote:
            >
            > > **
            > >

            > > Thank you for all the work you've done Margavati!****
            > >
            > > ** **
            > >
            > > Madhavi****
            > >
            > > ** **

          • margavati
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 28, 2013
              Update:

              I haven't figured out how to let others add tags, but I have a workaround:
              If you want to add tags to a photo, please leave a comment on the photo with your tags. I'll go in and update them as needed.

              As for group sets, I've created an SCA_India group, to which people can add photos. You'll have to be invited, though, so if you're a flickr user, send me your ID and I'll invite you. If not, you'll need to create a flickr ID (can be the same as your Yahoo ID) and send me that. Then you can upload photos! I believe that since our flickr albums are Pro, we should be able to upload as many photos as we need.

              Let me know if you have problems doing either of those things. I'm going to keep researching the tag solution...

              Margavati