Baratha Natyam update

  • Rob Hicks
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2012
      This last Saturday, I started my 4th ardava.   I recognized it as the one Ermine taught at Pennsic.

      My guru called it the second naht ardava. Let me try to describe it.

      Start in araymundi,
      Bow low , Alla padma, forward heel step, back foot stomp.
      Back to araymundi
      Samuta hasta is the one that starts nomescarum

      right stomp, left stomp
      Wing out a tri pataka, but it's okay to do a mayura for now to help stretch out your hand.
      heel right, stare right, right palm up
      right stomp, stare forward, right palm down
      heel right, stare right, right palm up
      right stomp, stare forward, right palm down

      Repeat for left.

      Okay, did that make sense?

      -Dunstan