oh, Bharaivi

  • jimandandi
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2000
      Hey, are you going to Pennsics?

      If you are, there’s something you need to check out. Clan Prechaine, a
      mostly Celtic early-period household from around the DC area, is hosting an
      early-period A&S competition at their encampment. I was just talking to a
      friend here in Nashville and I mentioned to her that I knew someone doing
      early-period South India and she said you should enter something. You can
      also wear strictly period garb in the encampment (stanapatta and dhoti,
      right?) since they have people that do the topless & woaded thing. If you
      are interested, here is the URL for their website:
      http://www.dulcimer.com/pennsic/photolog.html
      <http://www.dulcimer.com/pennsic/photolog.html>

      Madrun, who alas cannot make it this year… :-(
    • loser from another time
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2000
        On Tue, 1 Aug 2000, jimandandi wrote:

        > Hey, are you going to Pennsics?

        Yes indeed. :)

        > If you are, there�s something you need to check out. Clan Prechaine, a
        > mostly Celtic early-period household from around the DC area, is hosting an
        > early-period A&S competition at their encampment. I was just talking to a
        > friend here in Nashville and I mentioned to her that I knew someone doing
        > early-period South India and she said you should enter something.

        Argh. :( I wish I'd know about this earlier. I have been all wrapped up in
        making standard tunic & pants outfits for my Lord (his first full
        Pennsic), and haven't had time to really do anything I would think would
        be worthy of an A&S competition. :(

        > You can
        > also wear strictly period garb in the encampment (stanapatta and dhoti,
        > right?) since they have people that do the topless & woaded thing.

        I'm mostly going to be doing a slightly later-period thing for War this
        year. I'm still working on the massive amounts of jewelry (mekhala,
        necklaces, armlets, head pieces...) -I- think is needed to make early
        period look "good" instead of, well, "slutty". 8| Hopefully by next year I
        will be able to pull everything together to do it up right.

        Always "in progress",

        Bhairavi

        --
        "Which side are you on?"
        "I'm on the side that's got butter on it, I am."