Re: Indian flower resource

  • rynka2187
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 1, 2011
      --- In SCA_India@yahoogroups.com, Shana McCoy <LalitaDasa@...> wrote:

      > Karamati and I wrote an article about false hair and flowers. There are lots
      > and lots of pictures with easy to follow directions. We submitted it to
      > Bebhin for the Triskel.... I put the article up on my website as well.
      >
      > My website is easy to find, just google Lalitadasa as one word and it will
      > take you straight there. The link on the left entitled "how to fake an
      > authentic Indian hairstyle" will take you to it.
      >
      > Lalitadasa

      Lalitadasa, thanks so much for reminding me and for putting everything up on the Web. There are very detailed pics and I'm so obliged to you for putting them up on your site since the Triskele special issue had been delayed.

      Vada, the garland here: http://www.tydelhawaii.com/jahalei.html features what looks more like jasmine blossoms done in silk rather than buds and it's one of the few that I've found like this available on the internet. With this particular garland (which is a lei style that's attached at both ends), I just stretch it out doubled, hook a hairpin (the U-shaped style, not a bobby pin) into each side, wrap around my bun however many times and then push the pins into the end. You can also add more pins and push them in so they don't show.

      Check out the article that Lalitadasa and I wrote for step-by-step pics (and she even shows you how to make a separate fake bun if your own hair is too short or too thin!)

      Karamati
    • vada
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 5, 2011
        Thanks I'll do that as soon as I get close to my desk or laptop