Re: [SCA_India] Re: Speaking of Jewelery

  • DB
    Message 1 of 44 , Sep 1, 2008
      Holly Simon wrote:

      > > Have a friend who corisponds with a genetelman in india who makes
      > > jewelery.
      > >
      > > my friend is making me some tikas. He told her tradtionaly they
      > > should be 7"to 8" in length.
      >
      > Hey Vada, does he happen to make nath's for pierced noses? I have a VERY
      > hard time finding nath's for a nose piercing. I don't want a stud or a
      > single ring, I want the decorated ring and chain. All I can find are the
      > ones for unpierced noses.
      >
      > Bhrngari

      Well if you wanted to spend the $$
      http://www.goldpalace.com/page/GPJI/PROD/NP/21526

      Has them.

      Tauna
    • Margaret Polson
      Message 44 of 44 , Sep 4, 2008
        Snrok,  you almost made me spit wine on my keyboard.

        Hard to argue with a Deccani personna.  saris, choli, skirt and veil and pants and choli outfits,  cool jewelry and lots of Western contact  (Portuguese of course).

        Interestingly, there are records of Portuguese hiring out as mercenaries to the Deccani Sultanates

        Meenakshi