pronouncing Sikh

  • a1231w
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2007
      Greetings,

      Would someone please help me with the correct pronunciation of Sikh? I
      thought I had it down, but I heard it pronounced a whole new way
      recently which has me wondering.

      Thanks in advance,
      Amira
    • Lauren Grover
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2007
        a1231w wrote:

        > Greetings,
        >
        > Would someone please help me with the correct pronunciation of Sikh?

        The i is a long E and the kh is pronounced like the ch in Bach but with
        the gargle in the middle of your mouth, not the back.
        Ghazalah, proud owner of another of those letters that the English don't
        use.