East KIngdom University

  • unclrashid
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 3, 2007
      forwarded with permission from another list:

      Unto the populace of the current Middle Ages does Mistress Deonora
      Ridenow send
      greetings!

      Good gentles all,

      I am coordinating/scheduling the classes for the upcoming East
      Kingdom Middle
      Eastern University, to be held in the Barony of Bhakail (mundanely,
      Philadelphia
      PA) on March 3rd, 2007. I am seeeking teachers for any subject geared
      especially toward the cultures of the Middle East -- including
      Moorish Spain,
      North African, Mamlik, Arab, Turkish/Ottoman, Persian, Indian, and
      Central
      Asian/Mongol.

      If you are interested in teaching, please contact me via email
      (dzaccagnino@...), mail (Denise Zaccagnino, 155
      Northampton St., #807,
      Boston, MA 02118), or phone (617-536-3014 noon-11 PM daily) before
      February
      10th.

      Thank you for your consideration, ansd I apologize for the cross-
      posting.

      Mistress Deonora Ridenow, CM, OL, etc.
    • bethlakshmi
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 3, 2007
        --- In SCA_India@yahoogroups.com, "unclrashid" <unclrashid@...> wrote:

        > forwarded with permission from another list:
        >
        > Unto the populace of the current Middle Ages does Mistress Deonora
        > Ridenow send
        > greetings!

        I'm apparently on the wrong list! I sent to Baroness Scheherazade a
        few days ago asking who to contact, saying I'd post it here when I
        knew! :)

        I'm planning to go, and just sent out a first contact to the lady
        mentioned above. I've been trying to figure out what to teach, since
        I wanted to do something really useful and I'll gladly forgo teaching
        anything anyone else wants to teach. My problem is always having too
        many class ideas, so I'd love to work with or around others to figure
        out a nice collection of Indian classes that complement each other.

        Thoughts anyone? Any teachers? Any requests?

        -Lakshmi
      • LaRisa Allen
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 3, 2007
          I'm game for teaching, if I can hitch a ride with you ;)

          Bhairavi

          On 1/3/07, bethlakshmi <bethlakshmi@... > wrote:

          --- In SCA_India@yahoogroups.com, "unclrashid" <unclrashid@...> wrote:

          > forwarded with permission from another list:
          >
          > Unto the populace of the current Middle Ages does Mistress Deonora
          > Ridenow send
          > greetings!

          I'm apparently on the wrong list! I sent to Baroness Scheherazade a
          few days ago asking who to contact, saying I'd post it here when I
          knew! :)

          I'm planning to go, and just sent out a first contact to the lady
          mentioned above. I've been trying to figure out what to teach, since
          I wanted to do something really useful and I'll gladly forgo teaching
          anything anyone else wants to teach. My problem is always having too
          many class ideas, so I'd love to work with or around others to figure
          out a nice collection of Indian classes that complement each other.

          Thoughts anyone? Any teachers? Any requests?

          http://www.generalism.net/
        • bethlakshmi
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 3, 2007
            --- In SCA_India@yahoogroups.com, "LaRisa Allen" <baital@...> wrote:

            > I'm game for teaching, if I can hitch a ride with you ;)
            >
            > Bhairavi

            If I'm driving - absolutely.

            There's a chance that my work will mess with me, and if it does, it
            becomes possible that I'll be in Chambersburg, PA the week prior to
            the event. If that happens, I'm gonna pack a bag, figure out a way
            to do the probably 2 hour drive and then fly home after.

            I'll know more as the month unfolds.

            I got a mail from Scheherazade the autocrat, and she is definitely
            looking for a round robin set of topics - persona, culture, clothing,
            mythology/storytelling, dance - any and all of those sounded good to
            her, and those were just topics I knew *I* could teach. I suspect
            that they'd be equally happy with stuff I have no hope of teaching...

            -Lakshmi
          • unclrashid
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 3, 2007
              I was thinking of teaching choli-drafting, or maybe doing a start-to-
              fitted demo on that subject. But that's all I was planning to do on
              Indian because I have classes on extant garments from Persia and
              Egypt that I think have not been taught to saturation yet, and
              extant garments are my first love!

              Rashid

              --- In SCA_India@yahoogroups.com, "bethlakshmi" <bethlakshmi@...>
              wrote:

              > --- In SCA_India@yahoogroups.com, "unclrashid" <unclrashid@> wrote:
              > >
              > > forwarded with permission from another list:
              > >
              > > Unto the populace of the current Middle Ages does Mistress
              Deonora
              > > Ridenow send
              > > greetings!
              > >

              > I'm apparently on the wrong list! I sent to Baroness Scheherazade
              > few days ago asking who to contact, saying I'd post it here when I
              > knew! :)
              >
              > I'm planning to go, and just sent out a first contact to the lady
              > mentioned above. I've been trying to figure out what to teach,
              since
              > I wanted to do something really useful and I'll gladly forgo
              teaching
              > anything anyone else wants to teach. My problem is always having
              too
              > many class ideas, so I'd love to work with or around others to
              figure
              > out a nice collection of Indian classes that complement each other.
              >
              > Thoughts anyone? Any teachers? Any requests?
              >
              > -Lakshmi

            • Michele Bouchard
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 6, 2007
                My only request is that those who teach at the East
                Kingdom University......please please pretty please
                share the class notes and stuff with those of us who
                can't be there? There is just no way for me to be
                there, and Id hate to miss out on a great class.

                Would anyone know if the classes are going to be taped
                or filmed in any way?

                Ever hopeful,
                ~Sunayna :)

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • unclrashid
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 6, 2007
                  --- In SCA_India@yahoogroups.com, Michele Bouchard
                  <angeisdescent@...> wrote:

                  > My only request is that those who teach at the East
                  > Kingdom University......please please pretty please
                  > share the class notes and stuff with those of us who
                  > can't be there? There is just no way for me to be
                  > there, and Id hate to miss out on a great class.

                  One of the things under discussion now is an attempt to put all the
                  notes into a booklet and sell the booklet at a reasonable price.

                  > Would anyone know if the classes are going to be taped
                  > or filmed in any way?

                  My goodness, that's wishful thinking!! We don't have that in our
                  local skill set (even though it is a great idea) We are currently
                  trying just to get ahold of an old fashioned slide projector for
                  some of the classes. (but then again, video equipment is probably
                  easier to get than old tech!)

                  Rashid
                • Michele Bouchard
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 10, 2007
                    With regards to selling the notebooks, I would definitely be interested!  Just let me know how and when and how much....

                    Getting her Paypal/checkbook/credit card ready,
                    ~Sunayna