Need name help

  • Jen J. Ketz
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2003
      Quite awhile back someone helped me find documentation on
      Jentien/Jantien, I am now arguing with the local heralds who are
      determined that it is a germanic name. I am also attempting to
      register a fairly simple byname, Van der Roet, Roet meaning soot, my
      personna's family all succumbed to the black death and everything was
      burned, the name was given by the townsfolk, and wasn't flattering,
      but stuck. Is anyone still out there?

      Jen
    • Osanna De Fries
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 5, 2003
        That's kinda funny, my persona's family all died in a flood. We're quite a
        morbid group!

        >From: "Jen J. Ketz" <jentien@...>
        >To: SCA_Fryslan@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [SCA_Fryslan] Need name help
        >Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 03:08:04 -0000
        >
        > Quite awhile back someone helped me find documentation on
        >Jentien/Jantien, I am now arguing with the local heralds who are
        >determined that it is a germanic name. I am also attempting to
        >register a fairly simple byname, Van der Roet, Roet meaning soot, my
        >personna's family all succumbed to the black death and everything was
        >burned, the name was given by the townsfolk, and wasn't flattering,
        >but stuck. Is anyone still out there?
        >

        >Jen

        Don�t worry if your Inbox will max out while you are enjoying the holidays.
        Get MSN Extra Storage! http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es