Gudrun's Saga/Frisian flag??

  • GrietjeCrynes@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 30, 2003
      Greetings to all on the lists!

      It seems that we're idle for months at a time and then there's a burst of activity. I know for my part, Real Life has taken its toll on my "playtime."

      In any case, I'm looking for some rather obscure references (at least I think they are). In trying to register my device--argent, a waterlily pad gules between two bends sinister azure--the question was raised about the periodicity of lily pads. After I finished laughing (after all, lily pads DID exist then!), I set out on my search.

      It seems that, according to a few searches I did on Google, there is a reference *somewhere* in the Gudrunsaga to a blue flag with red lilypads on it. I've been poring over my only copy of the Volsungsaga, of which the fourth part is Gudrun, and have yet to find such a thing. I admit to being woefully ignorant of other Gudrun poems.

      Here are the search results that mention Gudrun:

      http://members.tripod.com/~redbad/flag.html

      http://www.fotw.ca/flags/nl-fr.html

      http://www.pronouncement.com/brolsma/frisian.htm

      Does anyone have a clue where I can find this, if indeed the Volsung's Gudrun is the "wrong one?" If so, what is the right one? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? (sorry, I had an 80's flashback...)

      Thank you in advance. These lists have always proved helpful to my past efforts, and I'm sure this time will be no different. Thank you all!

      Yn tsjinst,
      Vrouwe Grietje Crynes, APF

    • rob keuning
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 31, 2003

        you could try here  home.planet.nl/~dijkh287/kastelen/menu1.html

         GrietjeCrynes@... wrote:

[...]

        Community email addresses:
          Post message: SCA_Fryslan@onelist.com
          Subscribe:    SCA_Fryslan-subscribe@onelist.com

        Shortcut URL to this page:
          http://www.onelist.com/community/SCA_Fryslan

      • rob keuning

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 1, 2003
            In a message dated 3/31/03 1:51:51 PM Central Standard Time, robert_of_fryslan@... writes:

            you could try here  home.planet.nl/~dijkh287/kastelen/menu1.html

            I got a 404 error. Thanks for the suggestion though!

            Yn tsjinst,
            Vrouwe Grietje Crynes, APF