Early-Period Slave Trade info?

  • GrietjeCrynes@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 19, 2002
      Greetings.

      While surfing for information on the sinking of Reimerswaal in the storm of 5 October A.D. 1530, I came across a website about anthropometric studies of the Netherlands and Frisia. (Don't ask, I don't know how that got in there.) In the text on this latter site, I found mention that the Frisians during the centuries between A.D. 500 and 785 (Charlemagne) were "active in the slave trade."

      Of course, that's all I found.

      Does anyone have more information or suggestions on where to look?

      Yn tsjinst,
      Vrouwe Grietje Crynes, APF
      Argent, between two bendlets sinister azure a waterlily pad gules
      Champion of Holstein-Frisians Everywhere
      Carpe caseum.--Seize the cheese.
    • Dirk Hermance
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 19, 2002
        Wow, I would be EXTREMELY interested in this myself! Please provide the
        web site!

        Dirk

        GrietjeCrynes@... wrote:

        > Greetings.
        >
        > While surfing for information on the sinking of Reimerswaal in the
        > storm of 5 October A.D. 1530, I came across a website about
        > anthropometric studies of the Netherlands and Frisia. (Don't ask, I
        > don't know how that got in there.) In the text on this latter site, I
        > found mention that the Frisians during the centuries between A.D. 500
        > and 785 (Charlemagne) were "active in the slave trade."
        >
        > Of course, that's all I found.
        >
        > Does anyone have more information or suggestions on where to look?
        >
        > Yn tsjinst,
        > Vrouwe Grietje Crynes, APF
        > Argent, between two bendlets sinister azure a waterlily pad gules
        > Champion of Holstein-Frisians Everywhere
        > Carpe caseum.--Seize the cheese.
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        [Image]

        [Image]