Hello

  • JengjenVandeRoet@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 6, 2001
      I just wanted to introduce myself, and say hello. My name is
      Jengjen Van de Roet, currently of Ansteorra, but formerly of
      Meridies.

      YIS,
      Jen
    • GrietjeCrynes@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 6, 2001
        Wow!!! Action on this board after *months* of silence!

        Welcome and well met to you, Jengjen! What can you share with us about your
        persona/mundane connection to Fryslan?

        Lady Grietje Crynes, Chatelaine, Shire of Rockwall
        Event Steward, Eastern Northshield Newcomers' Seminar, 12 May 2001
        Administrative/Logistical Liaison, Northshield Choir
        http://www.angelfire.com/ns/rockwall
      • JengjenVandeRoet@aol.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 6, 2001
          Well, met,
             Actually, my mother's family hails from Groningen, with quite a few
          relative still living there. I am having trouble documenting the correct
          spelling of my name...Jentien, or Jentje, if anyone out there has some really
          great links, please let me know.

          Many thanks.
                Jen

          "Cry 'havoc,' and let loose the Chihuahuas of inconvenience."
        • GrietjeCrynes@aol.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 6, 2001
            JengjenVandeRoet@... writes:

              Actually, my mother's family hails from Groningen, with quite a few
            relative still living there.

            Wow--I have ancestors from that area!! ::big smile because it's a small
            world::

            >I am having trouble documenting the correct
            >spelling of my name...Jentien, or Jentje, if anyone out there has some
            really
            >great links, please let me know.

            I used to have a couple of excellent ones maintained by the Ostfrisien
            Society of Minnesota, but alas they were on my old hard drive. I will do my
            best to find them again and post them for you!

            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 6, 2001
              GrietjeCrynes@... writes:

              Wow--I have ancestors from that area!! ::big smile because it's a small
              world::

                 Yeah, it is an itty world......my mother's maiden name is Roeters, that's
              a real fun one to research.
                  Thank you for looking for those links, I am just starting out as a
              Herald, and thought I would try to set a good example and get all my stuff
              registered, though now it's seems it might take forever and a day.
                   What part of Northshield are you in?

              Jengjen

              "Cry 'havoc,' and let loose the Chihuahuas of inconvenience."
            • Dijoka@aol.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 7, 2001
                Greetings Jen - we are so happy to welcome you to our rather select group -
                like does everyone want a challenge like Frisian?
                                Also, like Greitje, I am so happy to see some action on this
                group.
                                 This is a guess, but Groenigen is fairly north and east -
                so I'd bet on Jentje. - closer to German and middle English than to present
                French.  Other opinions?
                                        Dijoka (well, really Dieuwke)
              • GrietjeCrynes@aol.com
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 7, 2001
                  In a message dated 4/6/01 11:52:06 PM Central Daylight Time,
                  JengjenVandeRoet@... writes:

                      What part of Northshield are you in?

                  As it says down there in my sig line, I'm with the Shire of Rockwall. That's
                  SE WI (Racine, Kenosha, Walworth, Rock, and Jefferson counties). Where are
                  you in Ansteorra? I have relatives in Pharr (down in the Rio Grande valley),
                  Houston, and Dallas/Ft.Worth.

                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 7, 2001
                    In a message dated 4/7/01 2:28:37 AM Central Daylight Time, Dijoka@...
                    writes:

                    This is a guess, but Groenigen is fairly north and east -
                    so I'd bet on Jentje. - closer to German and middle English than to present
                    French.  Other opinions?

                    That's probably so, from the location. I'm still hunting for those links; my
                    memory's not what it used to be, and what with Easter, my daughter's 4th
                    b'day party the week following, our shire's event on 12 May, and the luncheon
                    for Northshield Coronet on the 9th of June, and THEN my parents' 50th wedding
                    anniversary party (they're throwing a pig roast for 50 or so of their friends
                    and family, and my little one and I are the hostesses LOL).... well, I have a
                    few things on my mind. <g>

                    Lady Grietje Crynes, Chatelaine, Shire of Rockwall
                    Event Steward, Eastern Northshield Newcomers' Seminar, 12 May 2001
                    Administrative/Logistical Liaison, Northshield Choir
                    http://www.angelfire.com/ns/rockwall
                  • Osanna De Fries
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 8, 2001

                      Wow,

                      Glad to see some activity on this group and welcome to our new members.  Im way behind on my e-mails so Im just getting to these posts.

                      Grietje, when you get a chance can you e-mail me privately?  I have a question about the list.

                      Osanna de Fries                                                                        Chatelaine of Gyldenholt                                                             Kingdom of Caid

                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 11, 2001
                        It is good to meet you all, I never knew that there was an actual interest in
                        Frisian personas, this should be very interesting, if we can get folks to
                        pipe up.

                        Jengjen

                        Go visit www.KnowneWorldWeb.com
                      • JengjenVandeRoet@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 13 , Apr 11, 2001
                          I am in the Dallas area, actually Denton, just above Dallas and Fort Worth.

                          Message 12 of 13 , Apr 11, 2001
                            My goodness, but you are busy, please don't put yourself out trying to find
                            those links, I've gone this long with an undocumented name, I can certainly
                            go a bit longer.

                            Many thanks for your efforts,
                            Jen

                            Go visit www.KnowneWorldWeb.com
                          • Lord Volradus Tammius
                            Message 13 of 13 , May 3, 2001
                              Greetings Dijoka, Jen, and everyone else:

                              I agree with Dijoka:

                              >I'd bet on Jentje. - closer to German and middle English than to

                              I suggest looking for:

                              Dictionary of German Names
                              by Hans Bahlow
                              ISBN 0-924119-35-7

                              I found my frysian name there. Remember that in period there was much
                              less distiction between low German and Frysian.

                              Good Luck

                              Lord Tamius Volradus (laten form)
                              Lord Volrad Tammen (Frysian form)