A Gift from a Stranger

  • GrietjeCrynes@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 13, 2000
      Moin moin, all!

      A wonderful thing happened to me two days ago. Out of nowhere, I received an
      email from a woman on the SCA-Garb list with me. She had purchased a used
      copy of "Everyday Life of the Barbarians: Goths, Franks, and Vandals" by
      Malcolm Todd, and while looking through it she kept finding references to
      Frisians. (Imagine that... <g>) Because of my signature line, she thought I
      might enjoy the book more than she, and she graciously offered to send me the
      copy gratis! Of course I accepted, on the condition that if I find anything I
      think she might enjoy, I have the right to send it her way in return.

      Has anyone else on the list seen this book, and if so, what are your
      comments? I'm looking forward to seeing it!

      Yn tsjinst,
      Lady Grietje Crynes, Chatelaine, Shire of Rockwall
      Administrative/Logistical Liaison, Northshield Choir
      "Carpe caseum."--G.C. "God made the sea, but the Frisians made the shore"
      List Owner, SCA_Fryslan@egroups.com
      http://www.angelfire.com/ns/rockwall
    • Osanna De Fries
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 15, 2000
        Hello to all,
        I have just joined this list--happy to find others of Frisian personas.
        I personally do not know of the book but would love to hear your comments
        after you've had a chance to see it. I just want to say hello and I look
        forward to reading your posts.

        Osanna
        Barony of Gyldenholt
        Kingdom of Caid

        http://profiles.msn.com
      • GrietjeCrynes@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 16, 2000
          In a message dated 10/15/2000 3:33:13 PM Central Daylight Time,
          osanna@... writes:

          > I have just joined this list--happy to find others of Frisian personas.

          Welcome!! It's always a delight to find another of "us." :-)

          I'm curious, and I always ask this question of new members: Did you choose a
          Frisian persona because of your RL ancestry, or for another reason? Inquiring
          minds, you know. <g>

          List Owner, SCA_Fryslan@egroups.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 19, 2000
            Hello Grietje,
            No, Frisian is one of the few western European lines that are not
            represented in my blood--I have a friend who is from Frisland and as I
            started reading about its history I became more and more interested.
            Osanna