Post Pennsic Report:

  • John Tangent /o
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2000
      So as many worry over who won and who lost, I report on the far more
      important issue of how the sympossium went. Djoka and I were
      pleased.
      10 people, including me and Djoka, showed up. Of that Djoka, Dirk,
      Idhunna, Isard, and I were already on the list. so we got 5 new
      faces,
      which isn't bad, for a group of people who had a maximum of three
      people that actually knew each other just last January.

      We talked for a about an hour and were treated to wonderfull
      chocolate
      chip cookies by Djoka's camp mates.

      Later in a week another person came by Djoka's camp looking for the
      Frysaians. Sadly Djoka was out at the time and the person did not
      return :( .

      This all re-inforces my belief that there are blenty of Frysians in
      the SCA, we just need to find them. Toward that, I suggest that we
      put adds in the kingdom newsletters. Here in Atlantia it is:

      $25 for a quarter page
      $40 for a half a page
      $60 for a full page

      Assuming that the other Kingdoms are about the same, I suggest that
      we
      gather what ever funds we can and do as large an add as we can
      reasonably afford. If we were able to get $200 we could probably do
      3
      full page adds or 5 half page adds.

      The most likely kingdoms to target are, in order:

      Midrelm (more than half this list is from the Midrelm)
      East (the New York state dutch desendants must have som SCA in them)
      Atlantia (the Washington, DC / Baltimore area is diverse group)

      I am willing to pledge at least $20 toward this idea there are 17
      people presently on the list, 17 x 20 is enough to do this.

      Please respond with any and all thoughts on this.

      Yours in service,

      Volrad Tammen