Re: [SCA_Fryslan] Pennsic symposium

  • Dijoka@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 31, 1969
      Greetings,
      You have caught me away from my Shadowed Stars home, but in touch with e-mail.
      Once again,Volrad, you come forth to oganize us - and again, Thank You.
      Yes, I love the idea of a symposium
      Yes, as you know, I shall be at Pennsic.
      I will do anything I am able to help. You are most certainly welcome to use our camp as a meeting ground if you wish. We are fairly central, usually,, just down from troll.

      Dijoka
    • Dijoka@aol.com

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 2, 2000
            In a message dated 6/29/00 2:33:28 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tangent@...
            writes:

            << Now on to my reason for posting. As you know from my posts, I havew
            great interest in the Opstalbum meeting the Frysians had ever year to
            amemnd the laws of the land. I suggest we hold a meeting at Pennsic,
            in the for of an informal symposium were those of us interested in
            Frysia during period.

            This way we could increase our ranks both in finding other Frysians
            in
            the society, as well as influence those still on the Fence.

            So firstly: who is in favor if my idea
            secoundly: who here will be at Pennsic
            thirdly: who can help?

            I figure a time line of Frysian Hiistory from 600-1600,a general
            overview of what is a Frysian might have been like, a map of Period
            Holland, and some examples of the crafts of Frysia would be good.

            If you have any info you think good for this project, please reply.

            Yours,

            Volrad

            P. S. my name passed!! Volradus Tammius, I used latinized due to the
            period of my persona (this Year is 1270) and the fact that the
            Frysians are just now seeing the lose of their language due to the
            use
            of Latin in books and records, like birth records.

            Yours,

            Volrad,

            Congrats on getting your name passed!

            The Opstalbaum is a great idea. I would love to see pictures eventually
            posted to the site as I will not be able to attend Pennsic (our second
            daughter arrived on June 27:)