Moin! Moin! :)

  • GrietjeCrynes@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28, 2000
      Greetings to one and all, and welcome to our new home on the 'net!

      This will be easier on everyone, not to mention I'll no longer have to keep track of the changing membership and corresponding email addresses.

      I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's contributions and questions here. I have a feeling we can all help one another *greatly.*

      Here are the URLs for three sites I found most useful in my genealogical research as well as for my SCA persona. I hope you like them as well.

      http://www.drf.nl/business/links.htm [Digital Region Friesland: lots of links to fascinating sites, many in Dutch and/or Frisian, but a goodly number in English)

      http://members.tripod.com/~redbad/ [This is the homepage of the site Lord Volrad shared with us in his email. I visit this site *often.*]

      http://www.summitsoftware.com/ostfriesen/ [The site maintained by the Ostfrisian Genealogical Society of Minnesota. While it's Ostfrisian (the area that now lies within Germany's borders) in subject matter, I suspect Frisians from *all* the areas can find something of use here.]

      That's it from me for this time. Goodbye for now--and Welcome Home! :)

      Uw in deinst,
      Grietje Crynes the Untitled of Rockwall
      Champion of Holstein-Frisians Everywhere
      Membership Coordinator, Shire of Rockwall, within the Principality of Northshield, in the Middle Kingdom
      "God made the sea, but the Frisians made the shore." -- Frisian proverb