to all Brewers...

  • Kat Schneider
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2007
      This is a GRAND warning to all brewers and vinters. Start planning now!
      Start brewing now if you have to!

      There will be an incredible Brewing Competition in early 2008 (sometime
      between Feb. & April).

      Why are you being told now? Because while the beer makers can whip
      something up in a couple of months, it generally takes the vinters at
      least a year to come up with something. So this is your warning. :)

      PLEASE spread the word to ALL people even remotely interested in
      brewing. Here are the high level details:
      It will be a Brew Off. So we need LOTS of brewers from the Baronies and
      the Shires. For the Brew Off, the shires will be put into a team, and
      each of the Baronies will be their own team. But there is a twist to
      this that I do not wish to spoil yet.

      Each team will need as many brewers and vinters as they can muster.
      Each
      team member can only enter in one entry, so make it a darn good one. :)

      Unlike the Royal Brewer competition or QPT or KA&S, this competiton
      isn't concerned about documentation. This is a brewing competition.
      This
      is about final product. The beverage MUST use period ingredients, and
      you get style points for period practice, and you will be deducted for
      non-period products, ingredients, etc. But the overall gist of this
      competition is about end results.

      No judges will be necessary - so EVERYONE is highly encouraged to
      enter!
      Please? The success of this event, which is for ALL OF US, will be your
      participation. Please pass on this information to all your respective
      groups, and to all brewers that you know, or people that want to get
      into brewing. Teach people to brew so that you have more people on your
      team. ;)

      Good Luck, I'll send out reminders each month.

      In Service,
      HL Rory McGowen