Poll results for SCA_Bellewode

  • SCA_Bellewode@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1, 2006
      The following SCA_Bellewode poll is now closed. Here are the
      final results:

      POLL QUESTION: What badge do you want for Bellewode?
      The badges can be seen at Http://ssmc.truman.edu/badge.html (they are in order).
      Each person gets one vote.
      The poll will close at the end of the month, July 31st.

      CHOICES AND RESULTS
      - Vert on a pale argent between two bells or, a three sable., 2 votes, 40.00%
      - Vert, on a pale between two bells or, a tree vert., 0 votes, 0.00%
      - Perpale vert and or a bell and a tree counterchanged., 3 votes, 60.00%
      - Ver, between two bells or a tree argent., 0 votes, 0.00%

      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SCA_Bellewode

      http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/
    • otsisto
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 1, 2006
        These are questions for curiosity sake and not you need to do this, change
        this etc.

        1. Why the tree?
        2. Why not just a bell?
        3. Why not a tree on a bell or visa versa?
        4. Why was the name Bellewode chosen?
        5. Doesn't Bellewode mean beautiful color or something like?

        Lyse
        (the very curious this morning)
      • Lady Kassia von Katzendorf
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 1, 2006
          And why does the tree look like a stalk of broccoli? tee hee!

          > These are questions for curiosity sake and not you need to do this, change
          > this etc.
          >
          > 1. Why the tree?
          > 2. Why not just a bell?
          > 3. Why not a tree on a bell or visa versa?
          > 4. Why was the name Bellewode chosen?
          > 5. Doesn't Bellewode mean beautiful color or something like?
          >
          > Lyse
          > (the very curious this morning)
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • otsisto
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 1, 2006
            LOL!

              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 1, 2006
                I actually like the brocolli look - don't change it! :-)

                > The first three I am not sure of, as voting was a
                > matter of taste. As I recall we through around a lot
                > of ideas at various meetings but those mentioned in
                > the vote were the ones we thought best.
                >
                > 4) No one currently in Bellewode was around when it
                > first became a group, unfortunately, so I am not sure.
                > However, it has been told to me long ago (like five
                > years) that the name was chosen because of the large
                > Bell Tower on campus and tree because of the state
                > park (trust me there are a fair number of trees
                > there), thus sort of paying homage to Bellewode's
                > original name of Shire of Thousand Hills. The fifth
                > question I am not sure about. Belle does mean
                > beautiful in French if I recall correctly, however
                > wode is not a French word but old/middle English (I
                > think).
                >
                > As to brocoli... well that was a quick job I did for
                > the badges last year. I am not sure if we will change
                > its look a little for submission or even for the
                > badges we make.
                >
                > Ermenrich
                >
                > > These are questions for curiosity sake and not you
                > > need to do this, change
                > > this etc.
                > >
                > > 1. Why the tree?
                > > 2. Why not just a bell?
                > > 3. Why not a tree on a bell or visa versa?
                > > 4. Why was the name Bellewode chosen?
                > > 5. Doesn't Bellewode mean beautiful color or
                > > something like?
                > >
                > > Lyse
                > > (the very curious this morning)

              • Anne McKinney
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 2, 2006
                  Greetings from an old timer checking in!

                  The name "Bellewode" was our attempt at a Middle-English construction of the concept of "Ringing Woods". Before we became associated with the SCA proper, we were a small, fledgling campus organization of wanna-be SCAdians, claiming our territory as "The Shire of the Ringing Woods". This was itself a reference to the quad--the large bell in front of MO Hall (nods to Ermenrich ^_^) surrounded by all the lush foliage of the quad (our "woods"). ...At least, that's how I remember it, which doesn't mean it's the Gospel truth...

                  --Sofya

                  Matthew Lagemann wrote:

                  The first three I am not sure of, as voting was a
                  matter of taste. As I recall we through around a lot
                  of ideas at various meetings but those mentioned in
                  the vote were the ones we thought best.

                  4) No one currently in Bellewode was around when it
                  first became a group, unfortunately, so I am not sure.
                  However, it has been told to me long ago (like five
                  years) that the name was chosen because of the large
                  Bell Tower on campus and tree because of the state
                  park (trust me there are a fair number of trees
                  there), thus sort of paying homage to Bellewode's
                  original name of Shire of Thousand Hills. The fifth
                  question I am not sure about. Belle does mean
                  beautiful in French if I recall correctly, however
                  wode is not a French word but old/middle English (I
                  think).

                  As to brocoli... well that was a quick job I did for
                  the badges last year. I am not sure if we will change
                  its look a little for submission or even for the
                  badges we make.

                  Ermenrich

                  > These are questions for curiosity sake and not you
                  > need to do this, change
                  > this etc.
                  >
                  > 1. Why the tree?
                  > 2. Why not just a bell?
                  > 3. Why not a tree on a bell or visa versa?
                  > 4. Why was the name Bellewode chosen?
                  > 5. Doesn't Bellewode mean beautiful color or
                  > something like?
                  >
                  > Lyse
                  > (the very curious this morning)

                  Do You Yahoo!?
                  http://mail. yahoo.com

                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 2, 2006
                    That's how I remember it as well.

                    Jacob

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • SCA_Bellewode@yahoogroups.com
                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 1, 2007
                      The following SCA_Bellewode poll is now closed. Here are the
                      final results:

                      POLL QUESTION: When would be the best day/time for meetings this semester?

                      CHOICES AND RESULTS
                      - Mondays 4:30-5:30pm, 0 votes, 0.00%
                      - Mondays 7-8pm (or later), 1 votes, 14.29%
                      - Tuesdays 4:30-5:30pm or 5:00-6:00pm, 0 votes, 0.00%
                      - Tuesdays 5-6pm, 0 votes, 0.00%
                      - Tuesdays 5:30-6:30pm, 1 votes, 14.29%
                      - Tuesdays 6:00-7:00 (or later), 3 votes, 42.86%
                      - Wednesdays 4:30-5:30pm , 0 votes, 0.00%
                      - Wednesdays 5-6pm, 0 votes, 0.00%
                      - Wednesdays 5:30-6:30pm, 1 votes, 14.29%
                      - Wednesdays 6:00-7:00 (or later), 1 votes, 14.29%