Re: [SCA_Bellewode] Digest Number 191

  • Eric Scott
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2006
      Well, we could probably get new rooms, assuming we're doing this in Baldwin again, but the arena... Well, who knows about that. If nothing else, it means the amount of time we would have to re-reserve the arena would be cut fairly dramatically...

      And the lack of a protected weekend would also blow.

      Given our turnout last time (what, a hundred people?), I don't think it's going to destroy the kingdom or either group if we have an event that's ten miles from being outside the 150 mile mark. I like our event alot, but if our turn-out is similar to last year's, we aren't going to draw the entire kingdom away from Grimfells and the other college event.

      While I don't want to get in a border squabble with these folks, I still think we should push to have our event.

      -Aldheim

      "And then the lights went out, and Shadow saw the gods."

      -Neil Gaiman, "American Gods"

      "Flowers gathered in the morning,
      Afternoon they blossomed on,
      All are withered by the evening,
      You can be me when I'm gone."

    • Esa Southwick
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2006
        Here is the update on the event. Right now we have tentatively
        rescheduled the event for April 22. Its a few weeks before finals
        and after midterms. Its not yet been cleared by the reeve. We have
        changed our reservations in the sub and I just recieved an email
        from them saying that she didn't know if we could have all of
        baldwin hall due to the Sub renivations. She asked me how many
        rooms we needed. I said look at our other reservation and I
        canselled the one for April 1st. We also talked to Barron John
        about the event. Shadowdale is not going to bend and they did seem
        really jerky in the email. There is not so much we can do about
        that so I guess we need to let it be. Hopefully we can have our
        event. If baldwin falls through or if the reeve says no, I don't
        see us having an event this semester and it is doubtful in my mind
        if we can get one up for the fall. We just got burned and while it
        is unfortunate, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

        Esa

        --- In SCA_Bellewode@yahoogroups.com, Eric Scott <santanaisgod@y...>
        wrote:

        > Well, we could probably get new rooms, assuming we're doing this
        in Baldwin again, but the arena... Well, who knows about that. If
        nothing else, it means the amount of time we would have to re-
        reserve the arena would be cut fairly dramatically...

        > And the lack of a protected weekend would also blow.
        >
        > Given our turnout last time (what, a hundred people?), I don't
        think it's going to destroy the kingdom or either group if we have
        an event that's ten miles from being outside the 150 mile mark. I
        like our event alot, but if our turn-out is similar to last year's,
        we aren't going to draw the entire kingdom away from Grimfells and
        the other college event.

        > While I don't want to get in a border squabble with these folks,
        I still think we should push to have our event.

        > -Aldheim
        >

        > "And then the lights went out, and Shadow saw the gods."
        >
        > -Neil Gaiman, "American Gods"
        >
        > "Flowers gathered in the morning,
        > Afternoon they blossomed on,
        > All are withered by the evening,
        > You can be me when I'm gone."
        >
        > ---------------------------------

      • Debbie Sullentrup
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2006
          Hey esa,
             If you are on line right now coudl you call me?  thanks, ~helena~

          wrote:

          > Well, we could probably get new rooms, assuming we're doing this
          in Baldwin again, but the arena... Well, who knows about that. If
          nothing else, it means the amount of time we would have to re-
          reserve the arena would be cut fairly dramatically...

          >   And the lack of a protected weekend would also blow.
          >
          >   Given our turnout last time (what, a hundred people?), I don't
          think it's going to destroy the kingdom or either group if we have
          an event that's ten miles from being outside the 150 mile mark. I
          like our event alot, but if our turn-out is similar to last year's,
          we aren't going to draw the entire kingdom away from Grimfells and
          the other college event.

          >   While I don't want to get in a border squabble with these folks,
          I still think we should push to have our event.

          >   -Aldheim
          >

          > "And then the lights went out, and Shadow saw the gods."
          >
          > -Neil Gaiman, "American Gods"
          >
          > "Flowers gathered in the morning,
          > Afternoon they blossomed on,
          > All are withered by the evening,
          > You can be me when I'm gone."

          >  Yahoo! DSL Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less

          Yahoo! Shopping