[SCA_Bellewode] picnic

  • Katherine Schneider
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 24, 2005
      ok, sorry I haven't gotten back to you in a long time, towards the end
      of the school year last semester we discussed about having a picnic for
      Standing Stones/past Bellewode people/other people who have helped out
      Bellewode along the way, it will also give people a chance to meet and
      get to know everyone. This will also give anyone who is interested, a
      chance to try some cooking. we are trying to plan ahead, so that we
      could do the picnic in the first semester of classes while the wheather
      is still nice.

      If no one has any problems I think that we should try for Sunday
      September 25th, the wheather should still be nice out, but if not, we
      may need a back up plan for an inside place to hang out. We could plan
      to start either in the morning and have a lunch or start in the early
      afternoon and aim for an evening meal.

      thoughts?

      ~Alessandra

      Eric Scott wrote:

      ><tt>
      >Erm... I think I missed something. Picnic?<BR>
      ><BR>
      >-Aldheim<BR>
      ><BR>
      ><BR>
      >"And then the lights went out, and Shadow saw the gods."<BR>
      ><BR>
      >-Neil Gaiman, "American Gods"<BR>
      ><BR>
      >"Flowers gathered in the morning,<BR>
      >Afternoon they blossomed on,<BR>
      >All are withered by the evening,<BR>
      >You can be me when I'm gone."<BR>
      ><BR>
      ><BR>
      >            <BR>
      >____________________________________________________<BR>
      >Sell on Yahoo! Auctions – no fees. Bid on great items.  <BR>
      ></tt>
      >

      ><?---- LSpots keywords ?>
      > <?---- HM ADS ?>
      >

      ><!-- |**|begin egp html banner|**| -->

      > <hr style="border-bottom:1px; width:500px; text-align:left;">
      > <tt>YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS</tt>
      ><ul>
      > <tt><li type=square> Visit your group "<a
      href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SCA_Bellewode">SCA_Bellewode</a>"
      on the web.<br> </tt>
      > <tt><li type=square> To unsubscribe from this group, send an
      email to:<br> <a
      href="mailto:SCA_Bellewode-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscri
      > <tt><li type=square> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
      Service</a>.</tt>

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 26, 2005
        If I may suggest:

        The 25th sounds like a cool date. The Sunday wouldn't be a bad time,
        and people coming back from events in the north can arrange to swing
        through town on their way past.

        May I suggest we start gathering at the park around noon, with people
        bringing what they want for lunch, or eating before the come. and
        then those of us who want to be involved in the cooking can
        immediately go to our place (2 blocks away) and start the cooking
        prep work, and have a mini-feast ready in time for dinner.

        Gives us about 5 hours to hang out. Whenever the fighting ends
        people can come to our place and hang out, and arts and crafty things
        can happen (including using our new upstairs craft room, woowoo).
        And we can eat around 5pm or so. Leaves us time to still hang out
        into the evevning hours if we wish. Those of age who want to throw
        back a cold one will be able to (as it's not in a public park), we
        can have activities indoors and outdoors (go sun shades), and all in
        all have a good time.

        Those would be my suggestions.

        Thoughts from anyone?

        Bueller? Bueller?

        -Roberto
      • Eoin MacRae
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 26, 2005

          Sounds Great!!!!!!!

          Count me in.

          Yours in Service

          Eoin Macrae

          Per fess azure and gules, a quill pen bendwise inverted argent.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 26, 2005
            I will try to be there, sorry I couldn't make it to war, my job
            managed to schedule me in the most annoying way so it wouldn't have
            made it worth the drive to get to lillies.
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 27, 2005
              --- In SCA_Bellewode@yahoogroups.com, "ncd121" <ncd121@t...> wrote:
              > I will try to be there, sorry I couldn't make it to war, my job
              > managed to schedule me in the most annoying way so it wouldn't have
              > made it worth the drive to get to lillies.

              It's understandable. The hassles with being summer employment.

              We had fun, but we did miss having you around. There's always next
              year :)

              -Chris